Is Obama going to be able to take our guns away

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
Gafrage

RE: Is Obama going to be able to take our guns away

Postby Gafrage » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:40 pm

Keep in mind hunter480.  The majority vote was rather close.  Not only that, I'm sure there are plenty of people who voted based on the economy, healthcare and a few other things would be willing to swing their vote back to the gun owners, not gun control (mentioned above who still don't know the facts).

There are plenty of people, like Ranwin33 or whatever his name is that would be smart enough to support the right to own guns.  If not, I'll take his stump and be a sitting Pro-staff for Missouri (I can change the picture of my "hand" from Wisconsin to Missouri rather easily).

There is no reason to be on the offensive, yet.  So please, calm down.  I'm probably more of a republican than you, but I use my head.  Something I have yet to see you do on these forums yet.  Don't act like the democrats and let your "emotions" get in the way.  Have some values, stick to them, and once they get challenged, make proof of it and defend it.  I guarantee you this.  If they start banning guns.  There is going to be a huge uproar, so powerful there will probably not be another democrat touching the senate floor for another 16+ years. 

As far as the deal about the United Nations trying to take control of our guns.  It's not going to happen.  We still have enough votes in the Senate and House where they won't let it happen and let our voices be heard.  Even if it only takes the President to sign the bill or whatever.  I understand your concern.  Most of us feel the same way, and are in the same boat.  I'm not trying to make you sound like a moron or anything, I'd love to have you on my side if a Civil War broke out again.  Let's not be so dramatic.  Ok?

Edit:  The person's property that I hunt on (Obama supporters), would no way support someone who bans all guns, they voted for other reasons.  They have some themselves, they just don't hunt, and aren't interested in it.  Am I going to complain to them about the President choice.  Not at all.  I want them to stay on my side about gun control, and be open to guns.  I don't want to scare them away by sounding all radical and stuff.  Approach things in a way you'd like to be approached in.  Don't be so aggressive, it'll turn them away instantly.  Would you ask to hunt property from an owner you don't know by being so aggressive?  I think not.  If you did, good luck getting access to that property.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:54 am

osmabama and his minions in the house and senate know that an outright ban of firearms will bring about total civil unrest. what they will do instead is regulate and tax them beyond the reach of the ordinary citizen. they will eliminte the indusrty by suing manufacturers out of buisness, forcing shop owners out of buisness by making them to adhere to rules and laws designed to kill they're buisness. bring about things like micro stamping, semi auto bans,caliber bans. now more than ever we need to band together and stand up to these left wing phsycotics. make the calls write the letters recruit a friend or nieghbor. fill your hands boys we're in for a tough four years.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:40 am

I believe he has his plate full right now without worrying about guns and i dont believe that he will ever be able to take our guns away from us.

I'm not a obama fan but im willing to give the guy a chance.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:25 pm

this is like beating a dead horse. I'm not a fan of his but he has not been very anti gun in the past. Not as bad as another person that was also running. So just go out and hunt and fish and live outdoors

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:35 pm

Nope, not a chance!

Besides...Who's going to be the guy that comes to your house and say's " Yeah Im here to take your gun away."--Who's going to want to be that guy?
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:40 pm

I can't imagine that he could get it done.  I also think that nobody here (including myself, and especially those who voted for him) knows what he will try to do or how much support he will get.

X3_Shooter

Postby X3_Shooter » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:26 pm

In all seriousness.....the gun laws in this country were put more into place to take the 9MM's and the semi-autos out of the hands of the thugs who are ruining the cities. In an ideal world it would work this way, but since there is this thing called the "black market".....this is nothing more than a pipe-dream. If you are that worried about politicians taking your guns away, take up archery......Bow hunting is a better challenge anyways.

Gafrage

Postby Gafrage » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:43 pm

ORIGINAL: X3_Shooter

If you are that worried about politicians taking your guns away, take up archery......Bow hunting is a better challenge anyways.

As well as a more successful way to get your shot at a bigger and better buck.  ;)  That's a whole other ball of wax.  Hunting = Hunting.  Guns or Bows.  You'd be insane not to support other hunters.  It's like Longbow hunters getting mad at Compound Hunters who are getting mad at Crossbow hunters.  Can't we all just get along?  [;)]

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:17 am

ORIGINAL: Gafrage

ORIGINAL: X3_Shooter

If you are that worried about politicians taking your guns away, take up archery......Bow hunting is a better challenge anyways.

As well as a more successful way to get your shot at a bigger and better buck.  ;)  That's a whole other ball of wax.  Hunting = Hunting.  Guns or Bows.  You'd be insane not to support other hunters.  It's like Longbow hunters getting mad at Compound Hunters who are getting mad at Crossbow hunters.  Can't we all just get along?  [;)]

no offense guys but the 2nd ammendment or the protection of it has absolutely nothing to do with hunting.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Gafrage

Postby Gafrage » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:02 am

Edit:  Retracted my comment, and am going to pretend this question was never asked.

PreviousNext

Return to Guns and Ammo