Is Obama going to be able to take our guns away

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
Hoser

RE: Is Obama going to be able to take our guns away

Postby Hoser » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:40 am

If they want to see reelection they wont touch it. Its political suicide.........
HUNT LONG HUNT STRONG........Ah heck just Hunt

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:22 pm

ORIGINAL: AfterShock95

this is like beating a dead horse. I'm not a fan of his but he has not been very anti gun in the past. Not as bad as another person that was also running. So just go out and hunt and fish and live outdoors

What? Who are you talking about hasn`t been very anti-gun?

obama is one of the most anti-gun politicians from one of the most anti-gun states in the nation.......do your homework before you post.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:36 pm

ORIGINAL: Demoderby4

If Obama makes taking guns away from us a main priority we are in trouble, he has quite a few other things that are more important than that he needs to take care of first. I don't think he is this terrible/ "the us is is now over" guy that most everyone is making him out to be. If you are really worried about it, like Squirrelhawker said buy them now if you think you have something to worry about, but for me it's not something i'm going to worry about anytime soon, i think we will be just fine in that area.

Yeah, good thing the president, the Congress and the Senate can`t go after multiple issues at once.

And for those who just want to go hunting, that`s great, I want to go hunting too, but to turn your back on this huge issue is a mistake. Nearly a traitoress mistake.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:02 pm

ORIGINAL: AfterShock95

this is like beating a dead horse. I'm not a fan of his but he has not been very anti gun in the past. Not as bad as another person that was also running. So just go out and hunt and fish and live outdoors

You ARE kidding, right? If not....GET A CLUE!!!!!! 

"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."

--Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

Obama's Anti-gun Record
Barack Obama supports handgun registration and licensing...

[blockquote]I know that the NRA believes people should be unimpeded and unregulated on gun ownership. I disagree. I do not object to the lawful use and ownership of firearms, but I do think it is entirely it appropriate for the state to monitor it. Too many of these guns end up in the hands of criminals even though they were originally purchased by people who did not have a felony. I'll continue to be in favor of handgun law registration requirements and licensing requirements for training. [Chicago Defender, 7/5/01]
       --- http://factcheck.barackobama.com/factcheck2/2007/12/ [/blockquote]
and more...

[blockquote]The package closes the Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card loopholes which resulted in the shooting out in Melrose Park. We're eliminating 17 specific assault weapons. There is no reason why anybody should need an assault weapon to protect themselves or their family,' Obama said. 'We're limiting handgun sales to one a month. We're calling for handgun registration. It's very hard right now to track whether or not a felon has turned in his weapons or if he has a FOID card because we don't know how many weapons he has purchased. [Chicago Defender, 2/20/01]
       --- http://factcheck.barackobama.com/factcheck2/2007/12/ [/blockquote]
Opposes civilian concealed carry

[blockquote]I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
       --- Mendell, David, "From Promise to Power" (2007), p. 251. [/blockquote]

[blockquote]I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.
       --- Pittsburg Tribune-Review (April 2, 2008). [/blockquote]

[blockquote][Obama] backed federal legislation that would ban citizens from carrying weapons, except for law enforcement. He cited Texas as an example of a place where a law allowing people to carry weapons has "malfunctioned" because hundreds of people granted licenses had prior convictions.
"National legislation will prevent other states' flawed concealed-weapons laws from threatening the safety of Illinois residents," Obama said.
       --- http://www.icadp.org/page236.html (Citing David Mendel, Chicago Tribune, February 20, 2004)
[/blockquote]
Opposes possession of most semi-automatic rifles
Obama has stated the government needs to permanently reinstate an "assault weapons" ban.
(Obama Calls for Permanent Assault Weapons Ban to Combat Inner-City Violence, Associated Press [via Fox News] [July 15, 2007] and http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.gun.html)
(McCain voted against the 1994 crime bill that contained an "assault weapons" ban [see the latter link].)
Voted for a federal ban on most military surplus ammo
Voted in 2005 to classify all Full Metal Jacket ammo in the following calibers as armor-piercing (since they are capable both of being fired from a handgun and of penetrating Kevlar bullet-resistant vests):
[ul][*]223 Remington
[*]308 Winchester  (**THIS IS A DEER HUNTING ROUND**)
[*]Soviet 7.62x39 [/ul]
Source: http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=1&vote=00217
Opposes protecting firearms manufacturers from lawsuits due to the misuse of their products.
In July, 2005 Obama voted against S. 397 that passed by a wide margin (65-31) and became law in October, 2005. This act prohibits "civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the misuse of their products by others."
Probably supports local handgun bans

[blockquote]The campaign of Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama said that he "believes that we can recognize and respect the rights of law-abiding gun owners and the right of local communities to enact common sense laws to combat violence and save lives. Obama believes the D.C. handgun law is constitutional."
       --- http://www.sportsmenforobama.org/content/view/34/ (Citing James Oliphant and Michael J. Higgins, "Court To Hear Gun Case," Chicago Tribune, 11/20/07). [/blockquote]

(See http://www.scotuswiki.com/index.php?title=DC_v._Heller for background on the case of District of Columbia v. Heller, before the Supreme Court, that will decide the constitutionality of a civilian handgun ban in Washington, D.C.)
Opposed the nomination of Supreme Court justices John G. Roberts Jr. and Samuel A. Alito Jr.
Recent Supreme Court justices John G. Roberts Jr. and Samuel A. Alito Jr. were instrumental to a favorable Second Amendment ruling in the Heller case mentioned above. Obama voted against the nomination of Roberts and Alito. (McCain voted for the nomination of both justices.) (Roberts' roll call vote, Alito's roll call vote)

Frankly, I don't know HOW much plainer this can be presented!  If you don't believe this, then how about posting some FACTS that prove that he ISN'T anti-gun, and the worst thing that has happened to us gun owners in the past 40 years???

And this is not even talking about his SCOTUS appointments, which he WILL get with a Democrat legislative majority!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:43 pm

straight from the devils own web-site. much as it sickened me to pour through the info within it i believe in knowing the enemy.

[*]Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

the tiarht ammend. was largely supported by law enforcement. it was written to protect officers and agents in the performance of they're investigations. unfortunately it stepped on the toes of far left ists like michael bloomberg and hampered they're doctored up sting operations and frivilous lawsuits meant to cripple the firearm industry. and the assualt weapons ban he wants isnt the ame as the 94 ban(which accomplished nothing). not only would it be permanent it would ban the possesion of the arms on the list. which would most likely include your ten 22 the 1100 you deer hunt with the 1911 handed down from your granddad and a plethora of other guns that we all have cherish and use. this one time i hope that i can never say "i told you so"
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:14 am

This is what America has chose, and my God are we going to get it.  We are in for some VERY bad times.

If you think that all of the above you posted  is bad, just wait until the Marxist Messiah get's his first SCOTUS appointment, and then the 2A will be taken from us too.

As I have previously stated, any gun owner who cares about his 2A rights who voted for this man is a moron.

I actually have stronger terms....MUCH stronger terms....but this is a family site.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:17 am

But to answer the original question of this thread......YES!

Just as soon as he gets to appoint a Supreme Court judge, and then the next 2A case that comes up will find that we do NOT have an individual right to keep and bear arms. After that, they can do any damn thing they want to us.

And they will.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

deerblaster

Postby deerblaster » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:39 am

People, stop with the conspiracy theories and paranoia. No one is going to take our guns and we aren't going to be forced to adopt the homeless and send drug addicts to college. Who started this rumor in the first place? Hate monger Rush Limberger?

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:11 am

ORIGINAL: deerblaster

People, stop with the conspiracy theories and paranoia. No one is going to take our guns and we aren't going to be forced to adopt the homeless and send drug addicts to college. Who started this rumor in the first place? Hate monger Rush Limberger?

You`re as scarey as the people who are working everyday to take our guns away.......

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:16 am

ORIGINAL: deerblaster

I know one thing.  When they start to pass laws restricting the manufacturing, sale, use or collection of firearms with no veto and complete judicial approval, you can bet once the first domino falls it won't take much for the rest to follow until the last one hits the tile.  Meaning, either they will reject 2A or make it so impossible by taxing or restricting the right to own a firearm that you a.) will not be able to afford it or b.) will only be able to hunt with a cap gun practically.  Don't worry though deerblaster,  you won't have much to say on this forum anymore when you can't even hunt with a firearm.  After all, what would there be to talk about anymore, taking pictures of wildlife!!!!! ooooooooooooooooh, can't taste venison that way!  Then we will all live in a soft, happy go lucky, easy, non threatening world. yeah right. while the criminals still deal guns on a blackmarket basis and consistently take advantage of innocent now nonthreatening civilians.  Or will the police protect you!  Ask yourself this question.  How long do the cops take to get to your house?  I know the answer to that, and I can still beat them to the punch.  WAKE UP RETARDS (no one in particular)!  If you don't constantly fight for your rights as americans, they will be and can be taken away.  Ever hear of prohibition. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, been done before.  It's not a conspiracy when the wheels are set in motion and it becomes reality, then your actually living it.  My final thought, they will have to pry my guns out of my cold dead hands before I give them up, that's for god da*#ed sure!!!!! Or I will move to CANADA[:D]
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

PreviousNext

Return to Guns and Ammo