Bushnell Elite 4200 scope

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
buckfarmdude

Bushnell Elite 4200 scope

Postby buckfarmdude » Wed May 20, 2009 1:27 pm

I just bought a new Remington 700 SPS 308. I have been looking at scopes online and in catalogs (mostly Cabela's catalogs). Based on specs, price, and rave reviews, I'm leaning towards the Bushnell Elite 4200 3-9x40. I don't want to break the bank, but I don't want a cheap starter scope, either. Does anyone have an opinion on this model one way or the other? I know two guys that have one; one really likes his, and the other bought his but doesn't even have it on his gun yet.
Appreciate everyone's input!
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

mgemmill

RE: Bushnell Elite 4200 scope

Postby mgemmill » Fri May 29, 2009 6:41 am

Nikonmakes a nice scope, I have the Buckmaster series on my T/C and like it. Swift make a good scope also and there warranty is the best around!! I also like the bushnell 4200, if I'm not mistaken they use Bausch and Lomb lenss'.

buckfarmdude

Postby buckfarmdude » Fri May 29, 2009 6:57 am

Thanks a lot!
I actually went down to Cabela's earlier this week and look through the Bushnell. The image quality and brightness was absolutely amazing. I went right ahead and bought it. This is by far the highest quality optic I have ever used. I am yet to put it on my rifle, but based on what I already know about this scope, I would recommend it to anyone that asked me about it. I read customer reviews on it, and people are really abusing it and they couldn't seem to ruin it.
I'll try to remember to post the results on here once I actually shoot with it.
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:46 am

Congrats on the new scope.  I use the Bushnell 3200 - bought it at our local Bushnell outlet store and couldn't be more pleased.  I looked at the 4200's as well, but with my poor eyesight I actually liked the 3200 better.  Good luck with it, I know the 3200 has improved my shooting.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Return to Guns and Ammo