Banner by Bushnell scope problem/question

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
nateberly

Banner by Bushnell scope problem/question

Postby nateberly » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:30 am

Hello, I hunt with an older 30-06 pump that I inherited from my grandpa. It has an older Banner by Bushnell 3-9X scope. It has been a great combination for me.
My problem is, is that sometimes when it is cold out, usually below 15 or 20 deg. F, when I adjust the power of my scope it turns the reticle as I turn the zoom. It is just a regular t reticle that rotates into an X. It is still accurate, but I want to know how I can fix this problem, or if anyone else has had this happen.
Thanks for any help and I look forward to using this great form!
Nateberly

shaman

RE: Banner by Bushnell scope problem/question

Postby shaman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:09 am

If you send it back to Bushnell, they will probably repair it or replace it and they my charge you.

My advice:  Pick a magnification, zero it in, and leave it there.

I have several Bushnell Banners-- old and new.  They're the best scope for the money I've found, but the fact that it was Granddaddy's . . . 1) you probably don't want to change it out 2) you probably shouldn't muck with it
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

nateberly

Postby nateberly » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:52 am

Thanks, I try and do that, but I rotate between hunting highlines/power lines and woods, so I do have to change at least once a day, when I differ stand positions. I have tried to not mess with it, I guess I will just have to be super careful and warm it up with my hand for a few minutes if it is too cold. Thanks.
Has anyone else had this problem?

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Problem is the Banner is kinda a lower level scope. I think I'd just spend a little money and upgrade. Bushnell makes an Elite 3200 3x9 for under $200. Mueller make nice scopes, and some are around $120 or so. 

wack

Postby wack » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Problem is the Banner is kinda a lower level scope. I think I'd just spend a little money and upgrade. Bushnell makes an Elite 3200 3x9 for under $200. Mueller make nice scopes, and some are around $120 or so.

I second that. I've got an elite 3-9x40 with a firefly ret and it's much better quality than the Banner. I have a banner on my toy pellet gun. lol
American by birth, hunter by choice.

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:51 pm

I purchased a Banner scope for my 30-06 this past fall and I love it. It did a great job for me and I was very happy with it. I would highly recomend them.
Kyle

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:48 am

BigWis-I actually have a Banner on my muzzleloader. It is a decent scope, but the image is kinda dark compared to most of my other scopes. It's not a bad scope, but the Elite 3200 has a much better image and for only a few $$$ more. I really think the 3200 is the best bang-for-buck deal in optics. 

Return to Guns and Ammo