Thompson center guns. What's all the hubbub?

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
HoneyHole

RE: Thompson center guns. What's all the hubbub?

Postby HoneyHole » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:20 am

Shows what a good marketing campaign will do for you. I'd like to know what percentage of every gun sold goes right back into advertising. They do make a good gun, but personally think the Knights are a bit better shooting gun. I've shot an Omega and a Disc side by side and they were very close with the same bullets and powder combination. I personally wouldn't buy one cause I don't like a slave to advertising. 

reKor11

Postby reKor11 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:04 am

I can safely say ive been bitten by the muzzleloader bug, and the TC bug for that matter.  I too have an Omega, and I couldn't be happier.  Accuracy aside (which is excellent, but probably not the best out there), the ease of use in operation is great.  While my friends struggle to keep their weapons clean and get at their breach plugs, the Omega keeps on ticking.  Thier customer support is also excellent as well as the quality of product.  I do agree with vipertech, it doesn't fit me great,especially while prone.  Those thumbholes are too damn expensive though!

bowhuntr

Postby bowhuntr » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:58 pm

I purchased a T/C encore Endeavor muzzleloader on Feb. 15th, and traded it in on the 18th for a Browning X-Bolt composite stalker, the T/C gun felt good in my hands, HOWEVER, it had rust pits on the barrel by the ram rod, i was very disappointed, i put oil on it to try to get it off, but i paid $800 for it and couldnt swallow a few spots on the barrel..a little disappointed with T/C

Previous

Return to Guns and Ammo