New Browning A Bolt Micro for '09

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
KRAKA

New Browning A Bolt Micro for '09

Postby KRAKA » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:07 am

I just picked up a new Browning A Bolt Micro Hunter in 7mm-08 for deer hunting in '09. I looked for a lighter and smaller rifle for about a month before deciding on this rifle. And now that I have finally received it, I couldn't be happier. Initially I was going to buy a Ruger Mark II Compact (16" bbl) in .308, but once I held the rifle I decided it was just too small. I then switched over to Remington Model 7 in .308, but this rifle in .308 was difficult to find and expensive ($700). Then while at Sportsman's Warehouse I held a Browning Medallion in 300WSM and found it to be very light for such a long rifle. This is how I was turned on to the Browning A Bolt Micro Hunter in 7mm-08, which is a very light rifle with a 20" bbl. It's compact, light, and the fit and finish is very nice. Anyone have this rifle? What is your opinion on it?
I think I'm going to throw a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9x40 BDC reticle scope on it. Or possibly a Leupold VariX-II 3x9x40 LR reticle. Any suggestons on the scope choices?

P.S. Anyone have a Browning X Bolt? I could've found an X Bolt Micro Hunter in .308, which was my first choice, but I didn't like the idea of a polymer magazine in my hunting rifle. And that's ind of ironic, because I carry a Glock everyday. Agree or disagree?

Return to Guns and Ammo