T/C Impact Muzzleloader

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
ExMarine4deer

T/C Impact Muzzleloader

Postby ExMarine4deer » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:15 pm

[:'(] I'm interested in getting my first muzzleloader, and want to not break the bank. I read a lot of of positive feedback on the Thomson Impact, and went to a gun shop yesterday to check one out. This rifle has a "hood" release which serves to both open the action and is supposed to help keep the elements out.
I just touched the "hood" and the action broke open, which leads me to conclude that this is a very poor design. Anyone who's ever walked through a little brush knows that you usually end up bumping into a bit with your rifle. The last thing you need to have happen is to have your action pop open. Also, just brushing the hood with your hand inadvertanyly could cause the action to break.
T/C is a great US company with a lot going for it, but I think they missed the mark with this one.
Anyone own one? Comments?
Thanks

ghost hunter

RE: T/C Impact Muzzleloader

Postby ghost hunter » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:40 am

THE BEST H DEAL ON THE BEST MUZZELOADER IS THE CVA ELECTRA JUST USE LITHIUM BATTERIES IN COLD WEATHER. THE IGNITION IS FLAWLESS. THE RECOIL AND INCONSISTANCY IS REDUCED DUE TO NO PRIMER BUMP. CHEEP NOW BECAUSE IT DID NOT GO OVER WELL AND IS DISCONTINUED. ONLY IN 50 CAL BUT I GAVE UP ON THE 45 FOR THE RELIABILITY. BOUGHT 2 MORE WHEN THY CAME DOWN IN PRICE. CVA DIRECT FOR UNDER 299 AND FROM TC [ MIKE ] BELLAM FOR AROUND 250

CAN BE SHIPPED WO FLL

krawiech

Postby krawiech » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:56 am

just make sure there legal in your state in nj they are not legal you might want to look at the cva wolf fairly inexpensive but accurate and dependable im shooting that instead of my 2 t/c i own hank k

ghost hunter

Postby ghost hunter » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:28 am

YES IT IS WE HAD THE TRADITIONAL RULE IN THE PAST BUT NOT FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS

heightman

Postby heightman » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:31 am

I own a TC Omega very accurate right out of the box. I had looked at the Impact also a great gun but not legal here in Ma. during muzzleloader season can only use in shotgun season still can't figure that one out. The only part of the Omega that open's is the trigger assembely and when closed seal's the breech from the weather. It has a positive snap that holds it closed and it would be hard to have it open by brushing up against anything. The breech plug unscrews making cleaning a simple job. The Omega is available in several models I have the basic one and it was $297 at Wal-Mart last year. I was just at the Wal-Mart were I bought the gun the other day and I believe they now sell it for $269 I may be wrong on that it may have been the price on a CVA that I am thinking of. Which ever model you decide upon TC Arms makes a great gun. Semper-Fi USMC 74-78

ExMarine4deer

Postby ExMarine4deer » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:49 am

Thanks, but I just don't like the idea of trusting a battery. I hunt in extreme cold in Vermont and the last thing i would want is to have no ignition when it's below zero or so.

ExMarine4deer

Postby ExMarine4deer » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:52 am

Thaks for the tip....I was leaning toward the Omega all along.
And Semper Fi

ghost hunter

Postby ghost hunter » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:01 pm

THATS WHY THE LITHIUM BATTERY I HUNT IN UPPER NY SAME CONDITIONS THEY CAN BE BEST BOUGHT AT A BUILDING SUPPLY FOR 10 YR SMOKE ALARMS

Return to Guns and Ammo