Please Help!

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
MD Lease

Please Help!

Postby MD Lease » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:48 pm

I think I accidently loaded my in-line muzzleloader twice? What should I do?

Gulfcapt

RE: Please Help!

Postby Gulfcapt » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Two things to try! first they sell a ball/bullet retrever it basicly has a screw at the end of it that you attach to the end of the rod and force screw it in the ball/bullet then pull it out.. easier said then done..

This second one I have never tried personaly,and probably never will! a friend told me he took the primer yoke out of the back and stuck a air hose to it. pushing both balls/bullets/powder out! personaly I don't think so, but I wasn't going to argue the point with him...

mnslayer

Postby mnslayer » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:30 pm

first try a screw type load puller if that don't work carefully remove the breach plug and push the load out. you may want to wet the load with water for safety, slim chance of igniting the load safer if it is wet.

krawiech

Postby krawiech » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:21 am

they make a co2 discharger you plug it over your nipple screw the co2 cartridge down and out pops the charge did you mark your ramrod when you had the load you wanted if you did you can measure it against the load you have in your barrel are you using loose powder or pellets is your gun an inline or side lock if its an inline dump the load and add only about 15 grains of loose powder and fire the load out i have done this for other people when they had a problem anyway first measure the powder whether loose or pelletized measure your projectile add them all up and measure the distance from the bottom of the ramrod to where it leaves the muzzle then compare your measurements if the distance on the ramrod is different from your measured load you can determine what you have in your barrel hope this helps hank k

Return to Guns and Ammo