Can anybody tell me about the ithica 51 featherweight

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
ct-hunter

Can anybody tell me about the ithica 51 featherweight

Postby ct-hunter » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Can anyone tell me about the Ithica model 51 fetherweight semiauto?

kellory

Re: Can anybody tell me about the ithica 51 featherweight

Postby kellory » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:38 pm

ct-hunter wrote:Can anyone tell me about the Ithica model 51 fetherweight semiauto?

Shotgunworld.com Has a forum on the weapon................................................................................
(this is an online ad, to give you an idea about value only)
Ithaca 51 Featherweight 12Ga Auto

Ithaca Shotguns > Autoloaders

Great Gun In Excellent Working Condition. Circa 1980. Ithaca 51 Featherweight. Serial No. 510054031. Layaway’s Accepted But No Returns on Layaways 3% Credit card fee Exce... (read more)

Seller: Highway 14 Antiques

$339.00
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

206N ITHACA 51 20GA 28"

Ithaca Shotguns > Autoloaders

ITHACA 51 20GA 28" FULL PLAIN, 98% BARREL AND RECEIVER, LIGHT HANDLING MARKS ON WOOD, MIRROR BORE (read more)

Seller: Wildwood Inc
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................The Ithaca model 51 was not a very dependable gun, according to
Bruce Buck, who used it extensively for competition shooting.
He broke many parts with it, and had trouble keeping it
operating. One part subject to break is the action bars that
push back the bolt upon firing. These are not available now
as parts and will have be welded if broken or otherwise build
some replacements.
( from a shotgunworld forum).....................................................................................................................................................................................................Likewise, post your question(s) about your Ithaca Model 51 on SGW's Ithaca Shotguns forum (not the official Ithaca Gun Company's forum as your gun predates this company). Again, the regulars there have a lot of information and advice.

Read more: http://www.shotgunworld.com. Direct quotes, hope it helps. This is from a quick google search. :)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Return to Guns and Ammo