Missouri Baiting Laws

Does your state have a deer regulation that defies common sense?
flatpicker

Missouri Baiting Laws

Postby flatpicker » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:05 am

In the state of Missouri you have to pull your bait 2 weeks before bow deer season. You can only kill two bucks one before the gun season and one after. I think all bow hunters should beable to take what ever sex deer and as many. We are over run with deer, just in the city of Osage Beach Mo. there were 1,200 deer car acident in 2008. Now the city of OB is having controled bow hunts in the city limits. If the state of Mo. would let bow hunters to take more deer this problem would take care of itself.
Veteran Flatpicking Guitar Player
www.jdsguitars.com

ranwin33

RE: Missouri Baiting Laws

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:48 am

Last time I checked the state of Missouri will pretty much let you shoot as many does as you please.  And sense does are where the fawns come from, if you want to control the population you will need to shoot the does.  At $7 a tag it's a pretty good deal.

If you want to bait, move to Texas.  If you want to hunt, don't use bait.

The fact Missouri lets us kill three bucks, one gun, two archery, is a luxury hunters from many other states would envy, and I have yet to have a year where I have come across three bucks I'd want to shoot, certainly not four so it's kind of been a moot point with me anyway.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Return to Dumb deer laws