In

Does your state have a deer regulation that defies common sense?
piebal

In

Postby piebal » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:36 pm

In Connecticut the hunting hours are one half hour before sunrise and close at sunset....thats crazy that is when the deer move

Ifishandhunt

RE: In

Postby Ifishandhunt » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:17 pm

Is that for gun or bow season?

Here in Ohio, in my opinion, they got it right: During bow season it is open one half hour before sunrise and closes one half hour after sunset. But during the gun seasons (bow is still allowed then but you must wear orange) it is like yours, all hunting (including bow) is one half hour before sunrise and closed at sunset. It makes sense to me because sunset creates conditions such as intense orange and red colors. Kind of makes those orange vests not stand out well.

Ohio farms

RE: In

Postby Ohio farms » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:34 am

Ohio is currently discussing the notion of allowing hunting to extend to 30 minutes after sunset. I hope that they do. What is the difference between 30 minutes before sunrise and 30 minute after sunset?. Not much, if any, difference in visual light between the two times of day.
Last edited by Ohio farms on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Re: In

Postby kellory » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:03 pm

An hour! Duh!( you asked for it!) Ohio Farms, I disagree. The rule used to be "can see to can't see" until some idiots decided that meant they could hunt all night under street lights! My place is small, and while I am improving it, it is pass -through territory. and unpredictable. I want as much shooting time as possible. because that window of time may be THE TIME, and to be restricted for no good reason would be horrific, and pointless!
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:09 am

Not sure what we disagreed about. My argument was that, as far as light conditions, 30 min. before sunrise is the same as 30 min. after sunset, so why not allow it. Right?
Kellory, actually, the difference between 30 min. before sunrise and 30 min. after sunset is variable, today being 14 hours & 37 min. I believe it is based on the positioning of your location on earth in relationship to the sun.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:57 am

I reread you post in a different light. I thought you wanted to make us wait in the morning for better light, My mistake. I apologize! :) (In which case the difference is an hour lost.)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:32 pm

No problemo.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:31 pm

This is why I made the mistake. "Ohio is currently discussing the notion of allowing hunting to extend to 30 minutes after sunrise. I hope that they do" I believe you meant sunset. :?

Return to Dumb deer laws