What do you think of hoyt Compound bows???

Hoytamania

RE: What do you think of hoyt Compound bows???

Postby Hoytamania » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:21 pm

I shoot a hoyt ZR 200, i love the thing. its smooth, quiet, and reliable. When i get the chance/money i would like to invest in the alphamax that bow look amazing, and i have heard nothing but good things about it.

(hence the forum name, lol)

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:10 am

We all use Hoyt and I still use my 11yr old  raider/intruder....Our son said yesterday...Mom you need a new bow...Why ? mine still shoots great ...He says ya but the new ones are much lighter and smoother....If it aint broke don't fix it....lol ..I just hate the idea of breaking in a new bow...this one just feels like an old friend and it's landed me some nice deer and great times over the years[;)]

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:58 pm

I own a hoyt pro-elite, a ultra-elite, vectrix xl, and my wife has the trykon jr we love them all [:)]

HOYTHUNTER

Postby HOYTHUNTER » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:53 am

Got a hoyt katera and love it had it for three years and only had to get my cams timed once and i shoot alottttt! longest shot i took with it is 47 yrds complete pass through with a 2 blade rage! best bow ive owned,ive had some a little quieter but they lacked the speed and penetration that i prefer.

kevjack6

Postby kevjack6 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:13 am

Some time ago, I bought the HavocTec which I absolutely loved. At that time, it was their top of the line model ($700 for the bare bow) and it was just prior to the cam 1/2 technology I believe. 3 years after I bought the bow, I dropped it out of my treestand [8|] and damaged the main cam. I called my dealer who then called Hoyt to only find out they don't make parts for this bow anymore and that I was basically SOL.

I know, I know, I shouldn't have dropped it out of my stand but sometimes stuff happens. My point is, it is incomprehensible to me that they would stop making parts for their top of the line bow after only a few years.

After a couple of years of searching, I was able to find the cam I needed to repair it by searching a bow-hunting forum. For me, and this is personal opinion/preference only, I think most of the manufacturers make quality equipment so I put more of a value on service. Hoyt dropped the ball for me and I will never purchase another one of their bows.

Previous

Return to Bows