What do you think of hoyt Compound bows???

Archery_NUT

What do you think of hoyt Compound bows???

Postby Archery_NUT » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:55 pm

i shoot a '06 Hoyt Reflex Excursion and i love it
bad day of hunting beats a good day of school or work anytime

msbadger

RE: What do you think of hoyt Compound bows???

Postby msbadger » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:57 am

I'm still using my old raider/intruder....so are my kids ...we all got them at the same time and All I've had to do is replace my string.....still taking deer...Knock...knock..knock...on wood..[;)]

ReflexHunter

Postby ReflexHunter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:41 am

I used to shoot a Hoyt MT Sport and loved it.  Now I just bought a Reflex Growler (Reflex is made by Hoyt) and I really love that too, and it did not cost nearly as much as some higher end bows but still packs all the punch.

SDArcher

Postby SDArcher » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:27 am

I have a 2005 Hoyt Ultrasport and love it.  It isn't even toward the top of the line in their bows that were made in 05 but it still shoots like a dream.  This spring I am going to upgrade to the new 09 Alphamax 32.  This looks like one sweet bow, I can't wait

http://www.hoyt.com/compound_bows/hoyt_alpha_max32_compound_bow.php

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:03 pm

I use/ have the Hoyt Ultramag. 05 model. Used to have  a Super Slam for my starter bow. Works for me!
There's nothing like being in the outdoors. Work is boring!

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:43 pm

I shoot a Hoyt Raptor. It's a little older bow. This summer a guy I know who is sponsered by Alpine gave me his Alpine Silverado. It's only a year old and I love it. He gave it to me because he droped Alpine and is now sponsered by Bowtech. If it was'nt for that I would still be shooting the Hoty. I really love that bow and am letting a "new comer" hunter use it, to hopfully tag his first buck. I still feel that after Im done witht he Alpine and am ready to get a new bow Ill buy a Brand new Hoyt.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:32 pm

shooting a reflex grizzly for 3 yrs now. i like the bow it shoots well. the only complaint i have is the weight adj bolts. they're very stiff almost to the point that im afraid to attemp any further adj. luckily i have it where i want it.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:41 pm

Love my Hoyt Ultramag !!
  Especially since it got a 10 point tonight at 28 yrds. I used the Maxima Hunter and a Thunderhead broadhead. Must be it did something right. And to top it off, never shot a  broadhead from this bow. Guess it works!
  I'll put a pic of it in the photo section when it's ready.
There's nothing like being in the outdoors. Work is boring!

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

Ugnasty77

Postby Ugnasty77 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:20 am

Ive been shooting the hoyt ZR 200, i love it, but i think in the spring im going to look into the new Hoyt AlphaMax, that bow looks really nice. The main reason im going to get it though is because my ZR 200 draw weight is 60lbs, and i would like to go higher, so i figure ill invest in a really good bow that will last me a while [:)].

Nubs

Postby Nubs » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:58 am

I currently shoot a 06 trykon and love it! I have used it now for 2 hunting seasons and have killed 5 deer with it. All kills shots were complete pass through's and none of the deer ever ran farther then 50 yards. The speed, quietness, consistency, and overall design have me hooked on Hoyt for life. Before I bought my Hoyt I owned a PSE, no comparison between the 2, Hoyt kicks a$$!

Next

Return to Bows