PSE!

psefirex

PSE!

Postby psefirex » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:45 pm

any body out there not shootin a mathews?   i still shoot my firestorm light, its the best bow i've shoot untill the firestorm x crossed in front of my face. it is smooth fast and really forgiving, but you have to be able to shoot a short bow. i've shot alot of makers prod. but i love pse.

danesdad

RE: PSE!

Postby danesdad » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:54 pm

No Mathews shooter here.  Just a Mathews clone (Ross CR334-before Ross was bought out by bowtech).  I shot a PSE for years before that.  I've always felt that the best bow out there is the one you shoot the easiest and most accurately and that the name on the limbs didn't mean a whole heck of a lot.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:42 pm

Im shooting a PSE Dakota, got it for christmas last year :) its pretty reliable so far, i got it sighted in and the arrows are stacking, its my first year bow hunting and i know i don't know a whole lot yet, but it seems a bit loud, but i took a shot at a doe (i missed :/ ) but it didnt spook until after i hit just low of her after hitting a stupid branch lol, no real complaints out of it so far though!

psefirex

Postby psefirex » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:55 pm

dont worry dem, as long as your out in the woods and see deer it makes that miss seem like a life time ago,  i missed my first doe too. after i started shooting all year, mabey a week off but keep shooting, and go to a 3-d range if poss. that will give you the best out of field pratice. just keep flinging arrows and that deer will fall

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:15 pm

Yeah i just wish i have seen a deer since then! lol! I havent been out much since then with work and school, but hopefully you're right. Once i see that next deer the miss will all go away. Yeah i know i need to start shooting more frequently, esp before i go out. I'll have to try one of those 3-D ranges tho, i've heard of em, they sound cool!

psefirex

Postby psefirex » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:47 am

yah i havent been huntin much myself, but the next two weeks ill be in a tree tryin to have some meat hangin. but like i said before 3-d course's are alot of fun, and there is one off of 20 and bonnie view road, its called mesqueit archery club

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:18 am

Got a PSE Brute this spring and for the money it is a great bow, shoot smooth and quietly. I already put a doe in the freezed during early archery in Sept.

I replaced my first bow that I picked up from Walley World two years ago. Keep it as a backup.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

paulie

Postby paulie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:27 am

ORIGINAL: danesdad

No Mathews shooter here.  Just a Mathews clone (Ross CR334-before Ross was bought out by bowtech).  I shot a PSE for years before that.  I've always felt that the best bow out there is the one you shoot the easiest and most accurately and that the name on the limbs didn't mean a whole heck of a lot.
                      That is absolutely correct danesdad! I think too many people get caught up in a name, and "who's product is the best". Truth is, there are many quality bows on the market today, and like you said, the best one is, the one your most comfortable, and confident with!  Good luck and happy huntin!!

2Lung1

Postby 2Lung1 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:58 am

I used to shot a Bowtech Allengience but just wasnt consistent with it.  I now shoot a PSE X-Force and love it.  Not only is it fast, its consistent.  I agree that it dosent matter what name is on the limb its how you feel shooting it. 
Bow Only Hunter!!!!!

Murie51

Postby Murie51 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:24 am

I shoot a PSE Octane and I love it.  It is quiet, easy on the draw and I believe it to be just as good as anyother bow out there.  Love my PSE!
"Good intensions are fraught with disappointment" - Grissom

Next

Return to Bows