Bowtech Techunter Extreme (Gander MTN Series)

buckhunter21

Bowtech Techunter Extreme (Gander MTN Series)

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:37 am

I was curious if anyone has had any experience with this bow, or have heard anything?  A friend of mine is selling his for $450 (it's an 06), hardly used, and comes with the sights, quiver, release, and hard case.

Thanks!
QDM!

ranwin33

RE: Bowtech Techunter Extreme (Gander MTN Series)

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:13 am

I believe the Bowtech Hunter Extreme is the same as the Diamond Liberty.  Here is a review on it from 2006.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/kentucky/2006/07/gear-review-new-bows-2006?photo=4

and here:

http://outdoorproductreview.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17:diamond-liberty&catid=25:archery&Itemid=43

Searching some old forums I found where the Bowtech Hunter Extreme was selling for $459, full package, in 2007.

I've not shot the Hunter Extreme or the Liberty, but do own a Diamond Black Ice.  That bow shoots very well - better than me - but the finish is not the best quality.

Are you looking at buying the Bowtech?

“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Thanks for the info! 

Are you saying that the Liberty and Extreme are the same bow, or similar?  I have not been able to find very many reviews on the Extreme at all, or price it out.

Yes, I'm thinking of buying it, but first want to learn a little more about the product and if it's priced right. 
QDM!

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:28 am

From what I can tell the Liberty and the Extreme are the same bow.  Diamond makes a good product.

If you don't like the Extreme I could probably be persuaded to part with the Black Ice I purchased last year.  Send me a PM if things don't work out.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:06 am

I would look into the pricing more. Seems like a lot of money for a bow that is almost 4 years old and supposedly sold new as a package deal in 07 for $459. You could buy yourself a pretty good last year's model bow for $450 that you would get setup and adjusted for your draw length free from a local archery shop. Good luck, let us know what you end up getting.

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:58 pm

ORIGINAL: buckhunter21

I was curious if anyone has had any experience with this bow, or have heard anything?  A friend of mine is selling his for $450 (it's an 06), hardly used, and comes with the sights, quiver, release, and hard case.

buckhunter21, I did a quick google search and it said the Techunter Extreme is similar to the Diamond Justice. There was a site that had comments about the Gander Mountain series by BowTech.

I sold a loaded 06 Allegeance last year for $400, so I think you should be be able to get your friends bow for 300-350 tops.

If you're looking at getting a BowTech, they have a brand new low priced bow coming out with a lot of adjustment built in. I think it's close to, if not less, than what you are thinking of spending on a used bow.

Good luck with your search.
Dave M.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:14 pm

I just purchased this bow for $375 from my buddy.  This is what's included:

"Near Flawless Condition! Bowtech Gander Mtn Guide Series TecHunter Extreme '06
RH 70# ATHD w/pk
Draw 29" with 3 pin fiberoptic sight, 4 arrow quiver and silicon string slide.

Included in package is TruFire trigger release ($40)
Plano Protector PillarLock Case ($35)

Fast(300+fps) , quite and reliable.

Paid $685 for this setup and firm on $450 price"

That's from his email.  I maybe could have went lower, but he really needs the money right now and being the good friend that I am, I didn't go any lower than $375.  Let me know what you guys think!
QDM!

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:55 pm

I think you need to go use it on a deer now. [:)]

Best of luck and enjoy your purchase - looks like it's ready to go.

Let us know how you do.
Aldo Leopold

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:19 am

Thanks ranwin33...Can't wait to take it in to the archery shop and make it my own!

Do you guys think that's a good deal, or too much/little?
QDM!

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:20 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

From what I can tell the Liberty and the Extreme are the same bow.  Diamond makes a good product.

If you don't like the Extreme I could probably be persuaded to part with the Black Ice I purchased last year.  Send me a PM if things don't work out.

I appreciate the offer, but bought the bow before even seeing this.  Thanks though!
QDM!

Next

Return to Bows