Martin Bengal

djohns13

Martin Bengal

Postby djohns13 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:08 am

This is my first parallel limb bow and did I sure pick a good one.  Considered a workingman's bow with a $399 retail price, I added a drop away rest with containment arm, dead nuts sight and a front mount STS.  At 29" draw and 60 lb. weight, I am firing a 353 grain Gold Tip at 273 feet per second.  Very little vibration or hand shock and pretty quiet too.

My only issue has been with the string, I have had considerable stretch issues with it so after deer season I will be replacing it.  Other than that, I love the way it feels and shoots.

An extremely good value for the money.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

ranwin33

RE: Martin Bengal

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:27 am

I have heard good things about the Martin bows.  Ohhh, if we only had enough money to have one of each brand.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

djohns13

RE: Martin Bengal

Postby djohns13 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:58 am

No doubt, if I owned one of all of them, I could pick which one to use each day based upon my mood at the time.  Come to think of it, I think that is how my wife picks which shoes to wear each day!

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

Return to Bows