Youth Bow

et

Youth Bow

Postby et » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good youth bow that my little boy can use and that will also grow with him, without spending a small fortune on. He can pull at least 30#. We tried a Diamond by Bowtech and he also likes the Mission line of bows, but that probably has to do with me shooting a Mathews DXT myself. Thanks for any help. I forgot to mention he is 9 yrs. old.

et

Highlander Archery

RE: Youth Bow

Postby Highlander Archery » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:19 pm

Browning Micro Midas or the PSE equivalent(They are the same company). For a 9 year old, I would go with a Genesis bow since it is universal draw without need for adjustment, peaks at 20lbs. If you want him to grow into a hunting bow, then Micro Midas will suit. Just because he is capable of drawing 30lbs does not mean you want him to shoot it at 30 lbs. Better to start and train comfortably than over bow him and have him lose interest in the sport.

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:41 pm

Mission Maniac, Mission Menace or Bear Apprentice. Each has adjustable draw length and weight up 50#-60#. Any of these bows will grow with him. The downside is that each is about $270.00 give or take depending upon where purchased.
"This is the world we are born into -- we should never let that slip away from us. May it never cease to stimulate, inspire and humble us." from Stalking & Still-Hunting: The Ground Hunter's Bible by G. Fred Asbell

DEERBOSS

Postby DEERBOSS » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:36 pm

THERE ARE MANY BOWS OUT THERE FOR THE YOUNGER SHOOTER NOW THAN EVERY BEFORE. 2 THAT I HAVE SEEN AND WOULD RECOMMEND WOULD BE:

1. PARKER BUCKSHOT. IT HAS A GROW AS YOU GO PACKAGE THAT STARTS AT 15 TO 29 POUNDS AND ONCE THE SHOOTER STARTS TO OUT GROW IT FOR A SMALL FEE YOU CAN SEND IT TO THEM AND THEY WILL UPGRADE THE LIMBS SO YOU WILL HAVE THE SAME BOW FOR YOU YOUNGSTER TO SHOOT.

2. DIAMOND RAZOR EDGE. THIS BOW IS A BOW THAT GOES FROM 15 TO 6O LBS DRAW WITH A DRAW LENGTH THAT IS ADJUSTABLE BY 10 INCHES.

BOWS LIKE THESE WILL KEEP THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE TO SPEND DOWN WHILE ALLOWING YOUNGER SHOOTERS TO BE FIMILAR WITH A QUALITY BOW.

Return to Bows