Bedded deer

Do you have an interesting field note, photo or observation to share? We want to hear from you!
Ohio farms

RE: Bedded deer

Postby Ohio farms » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:33 am

I could look at deer all day long and never get tired of it. Great pictures.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:08 pm

Another deer covered weekend. We had 9 going west to east across our cornfield while 6 more watched them from our neighbor's field. I probably saw 100+ between Knox, IN and my home in Rochester,IN friday evening.

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:56 pm

ORIGINAL: msbadger

Great shots guys...Wonderer I'd luv to see that many deer after season...but am very happy to see the two groups  =  ten...that's actually a lot for this time of year here on the hill....and at least two twin baring doe [:)]....Ha that one pic reminded me of a teacher taking her class of wee ones one a field trip....  all lined up...funny what pics bring to mind[;)]

Badger

Where Wanderer lives you will generaly see more deer after season then you would during the season.  I've gone through the country up there and seen almost 200 deer in a single field before.  I remember growing up in Rochester and going up U.S. 31 and it would be nothing to see 10 plus deer and all the way up to 80 in a field at any giving time.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Thats awesome to see..I am just now seeing deer like this. I moved to Big Rapids and have deer come right by my appt quite a bit. I really enjoy their company. Im thinking about putting out my tail camera to catch a few of them. I deffently will be living in the country when I get older. I love seeing the wildlife! I use to get turkeys in the backyard everyonce and a GREAT while. But here I get a little of everything, and I can truley say I LOVE IT!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Cal

Postby Cal » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:28 am

Ditto here guys. First light has me looking out every window of the house. Watching wildlife never gets old.

Previous

Return to Deer Browse