RACK REPORT - They have shed!

Do you have an interesting field note, photo or observation to share? We want to hear from you!
Mr. Dynamite

RACK REPORT - They have shed!

Postby Mr. Dynamite » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:24 am

Feb 13

Went by the cemetery again on Sunday to check in with the resident boneheads. Saw tons of deer, but not the bucks? I did see 2 that I was sure were the shed bucks, and my suspicion was confirmed when I met 2 old folks who said the bucks were indeed shed, and that they had already been scouring the cemetery for their antlers, with out any luck. (Deep snow here)

Thought I would post some pics I had not yet from last time I was there.

"Feb 5"
Once again, tons of deer, in the same corner of the cemetery, and the same two 8 points still wearing antlers. Also got better pictures of the one that is either a button buck or a small shed buck. Not sure which, take a look and tell me what you think.

The smaller 8 was right up by the road when we got there, so we got a good look at him. He eventually bedded down under a tree just a little bit off the road with some does.

At first I did not see the bigger 8, but knew he was probably on the back side of a hill where they sit, but then saw him. He was further off the road in the stones bedded down.

Small guy under the tree

He got up and walked off when some other people came by on the path.

Big 8 up on his hill

some nosy little fawns

This last one is the one that looks to be a shed buck. Is he, or is he just a button getting ready to grow his first rack this year?

JIMMY1988

Re: RACK REPORT - They have shed!

Postby JIMMY1988 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:52 am

A man was hit by a cab in the street. He was brought to the hospital. His wife who was standing up by his bed, said to the doctor: "I think that he is very ill." "I am afraid that he is dead."said the doctor,Hearing this, the man moved his head and said: "I'm not dead. I'm still alive." "Be quiet, "said the wife. "the doctor knows better than you!"
Just then a voice called from outside the door, "If you do, I won't go."

Coach Outlet
Coach Factory Outlet

Return to Deer Browse