What states have you hunted?

Share the trips you've taken for better or worse, where you like to go, where you don't like to go and how you got there.
Ben Sobieck

What states have you hunted?

Postby Ben Sobieck » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:19 am

Give a shout out to the places you've rested your rifle. I've hunted deer in Minnesota and Wisconsin. What about you?

69Viking

RE: What states have you hunted?

Postby 69Viking » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:20 am

I've hunted deer in Alabama and Florida but hope to someday add my home state of Minnesota to the list!

dpace

Postby dpace » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:43 am

Please stay in your own state.  Do not come to Illinois.  If you guys keep paying these "outfitters" outrageous fees, soon the only place we will be able to hunt is on over crowded public land.  When was the last time you were able to knock on a door, or just ask a neighbor, and receive permission to hunt on private land?

bobt

Postby bobt » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:06 am

I have had the privilege hunting northern Wisconsin, the U.P. as well as lower Michigan, west central Indiana(really big bucks[:)]) and Missouri north east corner. I can say I have never had a bad hunt in any of these places(just not as sucessful as hoped in some[8|]). Good luck this season and GOD BLESS.

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:32 am

Just Wisconsin so far but have apps out in Kansas, Iowa and am planning on heading to  Illinois, Missouri soon with a buddy as well as putting in for bear tags in Michigan...

Howard A.

Postby Howard A. » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:37 am

Hunting was mostly done in the northeast.  N.H., Vt, RI, NY, PA and now that I live in South Carolina - I can now hunt in the longest deer season of them all - SC.  It's the greatest!!

bigguyz06

Postby bigguyz06 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:03 am

I have had the good fortune to have hunted in New york state, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Iowa, Colorado and Oregon.  Each has left lasting memories and great comradeship..........
Pa. Hunter

B1gbuck

Postby B1gbuck » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:36 pm

I am from South Carolina,thats where I do most of my hunting.I have hunted in Georgia,North Carolina,Missouri,and Saskatchewan Canada.

clfenimore

Postby clfenimore » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:40 pm

I've hunted in Iowa (on Private land) And Indiana (on Public Land). Mostly here in my Home state of Missouri Here you nonresidents can buy tags over the counter in most units. There are hundreds of thousands of acres of National Forest, And National Refuge areas, as well as Missouri Conservation areas. I hunt Private and public land Here Lots of Deer. Last year I took home 6 total Two Bucks one eight pt one 6 pt two button bucks and two does also a 7th deer a doe I had to leave till next morning that coyotes found first. Some counties have unlimited anterless tags one buck tag !st archery season one second archery season and one firearms season and if you draw on the right managed hunt you can get another buck tag for that.
If a man cant hunt when he's living how the hell will he hunt when he's dead

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:34 pm

Ive just hunted in Michigan.. Im still pretty young and would like to travel to do some hunting when Im a little older..
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Next

Return to Hunting Destinations