Fertilizing

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
msbadger

Fertilizing

Postby msbadger » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:01 am

Waiting for the ground to dry and weather to change one more time.... has me skipping from one project to the other....will be walking fertilizer through my bramble patches tomorrow...still waiting for the weed killer to finish it's job...giving it 2 weeks...but may do one more spray before then...need to get trees fertilized and sprayed ...this warm weather has everything greening up...but I just know winter has one more good cold snap in it[>:]...My tomatoes and peppers are up and growing well in their containers...6 dozen tomatoes...and a few of peppers...now if I can fight the blight this year and get some fruit[;)]

msbadger

RE: Fertilizing

Postby msbadger » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:00 am

Well the bramble patches ...goose berry and current brush have really exploded this year as well as the good and bad elderberry..critters love both types...it can't be from just the TLC because they encompass the entire property and I haven't the time nor money to get them all...and all the maple saplings are doing well...which could be a problem later...with the entire forest floor greening with them....I figure two things the weather being good(with exception of real dry cold early winter)and the deer pop. is down and or the number of plots in the area has increased...besides my own...do know that the deer and turkey are slowly "dropping" them selves a great habitat....the May apples are just every where...so many now even I could have a chance at harvesting a few for a pie...I'm looking to go down and fertilize the wild blueberry at camp...there is a lrg patch of them right in front of a stand I have down there

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements