Winter trimming

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
reeper0697

RE: Winter trimming

Postby reeper0697 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:26 am

So is this the result from the goat you needed to have a "come to jesus with" ? [:D]
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:56 am

Ha Ha Ha ...you remembered that....well no ...see I hobbled him so he wasn't able to breed and I was able to...JUST...out run him when he tore holes in the fence...but his soon to be replacement...I thought was too small to breed the full grown females...hhhmm figured that wrong! I don't like the kids dropped this time of year...because of temps....woke to -2 this morning...see...feet will freeze off...ears freeze off and high death rates...but she caught the Jan. thaw and only one had weak kid syndrome..... but I caught it early enough to warm him and force the nursing..... it took 4 days for the swelling in his legs to go down and for him to stand but ...knock knock knock ...they are doing well.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:23 am

Eewww...it's -3 degrees and the guy cutting wood is coming at 8 this morning....time to dig out the face mask and big mittens...Good though for there is a lot to be dropped in areas that only a good frozen ground will allow for...so he can get the truck in with out rutting up plots and trails....so cold I moved doe and kids to a smaller pen and out building then wrapped the hut in a tarp and a construction concrete insulation blanket ...to help contain their body heat...going over with hot water now ..cross fingers

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:27 am

It's 9:24 here and it is -6. Tell me why we choose to live in NY again? [>:][:D] Good luck with all the cutting and dress warm!

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:44 pm

We choose to live in NY for the weather ...........
Semper Fi !

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:50 pm

Here is why we stay in NY

Semper Fi !

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Well Fasteddie ...that last pic...been there done that [&:]....little snow now but as you know Feb and March can dump on us...lets hope not...

Today I did something I've been wanting to do for 10yrs....I went down on the new land and took my bow saw with me...then for 4 solid hrs I sawed grape vines down...some were the size of coke cans...tried to get the last owners to allow me to cut them but no deal...they killed a lot of good timber (cherry..maple..ash ..and walnut) and pulled down trees with 2ft diameters roots and all....have to say it made for great bedding long one of the streams...geez Louise...my shoulders an back ache tonight[:o] ...But a job done well is a well done job[;)]

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:38 am

I love them goats, Hope to have a couple of my own one day. When I was a kid the farmer down the road had a big ol goat named MORON and I used to put a halter on him and ride him around the farm [:D]

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:13 am

ORIGINAL: hookset6969

I love them goats, Hope to have a couple of my own one day. When I was a kid the farmer down the road had a big ol goat named MORON and I used to put a halter on him and ride him around the farm [:D]

Yooouuuu might be a redneck...[:D]

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:50 pm

you know it, AMEN... [:D]. The problem was that I was affraid of horse's and still kind of am to this day, I guess it's because I'm short and need a ladder or stool to get on one and then I don't trust them anyway, I'm a wimp lol [:D]

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements