need some plowing ideas {hillbilly style}

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
GTOHunter

RE: need some plowing ideas {hillbilly style}

Postby GTOHunter » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:30 pm

We rented a ATV Disc from our local MFA and disc-ed up several areas on our Lease that was hard to reach with a conventional Tractor and plow or disc.The price was around $20.00-$25.00 a day or $35.00 for the 2 day weekend.The disc was from Hunters Specialty and had the large balloon tires and could be raised and lowered and tilted inward to cut better and you could also rent a cultipacker to level out the ground,we even put 2 small logs on it to weigh it down and cut better.This was a good size ATV disc and we put it on my car trailer to haul it out to the Farm,they also had a smaller disc that could be hauled in the back of a regular Pick-up truck bed.

I've seen guys cut out a section of chain link fence with some cinder blocks on top of it lay it down flat and drag it behind an ATV to break up the ground or cover up newely planted seed.

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:56 am

Well you said hillbilly style...

Step 1) Flood the field and take the 4 wheeler and Durango mud boggin'

Step 2) Smooth out with an old mattress/box spring 
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

impeach O

Postby impeach O » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:15 pm

I would take a big log about 12-16 inches around
some chain link fence
2 honkin screw eyes
some long fence or wire staples
2 pieces of chain about 8 foot long
3 big threaded carabiners or D hooks
2 pieces of 2x4 about 3 foot long
10 4 inch spikes

staple the fence to the log wrap a couple layers staple the crap out of it, screw the eyes into the ends of the log, nail the 2x4 onto the ends to keep the log from rolling slant them toward the back about 6 inches off the ground, hook the chain to the ends and at the other end to your hitch, put some country music on the CD player and yell yehaaa as you drive around in the durango, would even work as a cultipacker just fewer passes
my greatest fear in life is when I die my wife will sell my hunting equipment for what she thinks I spent

easports

Postby easports » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Check this out for hillbilly….I took scraps from building my deck and made this.  Strap this to the back of your ATV or small truck and drag it across the plot.  The spikes in the back will break up the soil enough to put seed or lime down.  Works great in the heavy woods in cutting trails with all the leaves hitting ground during the fall.  It also gives the kids a hell of a ride (not recommended by responsible adults[/b]).

Hopefully the picture came through.

Previous

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements