BIO-LOGIC or WHITETAIL INSTITUTE

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
bowman12

RE: BIO-LOGIC or WHITETAIL INSTITUTE

Postby bowman12 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:29 am

Wow, awesome bucks, congrats!

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:38 am

I've tried both.  I wouldn't say one is better than the other.  I've had good results with both.  But, like has been said, if you can find a co-op that has similar seeds, go with that since you'll more than likely get about the same results for half the cost.

Best of luck!
QDM!

dkdesign

Postby dkdesign » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:21 am

Thanks Bowman- sorry to all about pic size

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:57 am

Great looking deer.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

zos41

Postby zos41 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:25 am

I have used both with good results, but for me the Whitetail Institute products do seem to do a bit better and are hit a bit more often by the deer.

The key with any food plot is to get a soil test done and follow the recommendations for lime and fertilizer.

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:19 pm

I have been around farming all my life, although I am not a farmer by any means. When you ask a farmer, what is the single most important thing needed to get good plants? Most will say that getting the Ph right for the type of plant you are growing. Alot of the time you can get by with a generic 15-15-15 fertilizer but if your Ph is wrong, you can put all the fertilizer you want on your plots and it will not matter.

I am sure that any seed blends you buy will do as good as any of the others. Most probably come from the same suppliers anyway. It's just a difference in what seeds they blend together in one bag. As stated before, do a soil test and follow as closely as possible. I have skipped this process before because time didn't allow me to get the soil test done. My plots suffered greatly for it. There was a big difference in growth from the year before and after when soil test were done. I could also tell a BIG difference in the use it was getting from the deer.

dkdesign

Postby dkdesign » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:48 am

Thanks ranwin.  I guess everyone gets lucky now and then!

Previous

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements