What is your worst....

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
msbadger

What is your worst....

Postby msbadger » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:39 am

Weed problem?
  Well it could be a long list but for me ...curly dock...DAISIES...aaaugg....and...a little plant that is kinda succulant but with tiny triangle leaves and wht flowers and grows to a thick matt...then theres Bed straw
 What battles are you guys fighting?

Goose

RE: What is your worst....

Postby Goose » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:22 am

Rag weed, although the deer eat it regularly and can be a good weed to have, its starting to show up more and more.
Could be worse I guess.....[8|]
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:45 am

We've got some ragweed but don't look at it as a problem as quail are suppose to like it.

Queen Anne's lace in our NWSG - covered the entire field last year.  This year we burned and hope the problem doesn't come back.

We've got other weeds but nothing mowing doesn't seem to control.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:01 am

I would say our worse weed/grass would be the tall Johnson Grass and those awful Multi-Flower Roses that your better off not mowing because it only spreads it out more so we go around it and spray it with weed killer and it  kills it off.I did see a certain type of grass in several other Farm fields around here and I'm not sure what it is called but it grows very thick and the long blades of grass will cut you if you try walking/running through them. [:@]

whubbard

Postby whubbard » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:42 am

fescue, and johnson grass coming out of my ears.
Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them. --John James Audubon

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements