Views from a few of my stands

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
deerdown

RE: Views from a few of my stands

Postby deerdown » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:20 am

I screwed up :)

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:49 am

My "island" ladder stand is in the middle of a bean field.  I might ask the farmer if I can pay him not to harvest the entire field this next season.  Shot a nice 8pt out of it on opening day this last year.

I "shot" the fawn during gun season.  It walked by at about 15 yards, so I decided just to snap a pic.

Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:25 am

Nice looking area there Patriot....reminds me of an area they call the flats not far from here....Fasteddie would know it....guys take some mighty fine bucks from there....looks like that is a very good set up...hope the farmer agrees to your request

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:43 am

MSBadger ----- Maybe those pics were taken behind the Lucidol Plant ! [:D]...[8|]

Semper Fi !

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:26 am

I think you put a few of these up last year.. I remember because I was thinking to myself that those are some GREAT spots and plots!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:31 am

There ya go Eddie...that was my back yard once...remember being shook out of bed when it would blow up...lol.....but I was thinking the groveland flats....lived there for a while as well....good ole skeeter country....[;)]

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:23 pm

Thought I'd post a few pics from my stands in Alabama.Food plots are mixture of wheat,oats,and winter peas overseeded with dwarf essex rape.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:58 pm

Nice plots....Man I can't wait to get out there!!!!  I'm going to do some overseeding of my Alpha Rack clover plot with some Whitetail Institute Extreme this weekend.  I don't believe I quite have the pH in there yet and Extreme works well in soil with a lower pH.
QDM!

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:10 pm

Wanderer ----- Real nice looking plot . I hope your effort paid off for you . Charlie A said to make them longer than wide and sort of hourglass shape then set a stand in the narrower part . Yours looks fine .

msbadger ...... I said Lucidol as you had lived in Piffard but "flats" made me think of Groveland / Sonyea . After moving from Piffard when I was 7 , we lived up on Groveland Hill . Before they built the Mt Morris Dam , the Groveland Flats would flood every year . I started deer hunting in the big woods behind Craig Colony . Never got a shot there but there were some big bucks in those woods & gullys .
Semper Fi !

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:07 am

Wanderer...Excellant job...that is a nice looking spot you have there..

Fasteddie...it was Groveland station for me...yes ..remember all the migrating birds when the flats flooded?...use to see how far we could ride our bikes through it...Gram was a nurse at Craig for years until she retired and granpa RR engineer for the Erie Lackawana(sp)...Mr. B built the gym for the prison there when it first opened...looks like we've been following each other around the genesee valley....lol

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements