plans plans and more plans

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
northernVT

RE: plans plans and more plans

Postby northernVT » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:35 am

OK. March is coming to and end and I am just about done trimming apple trees and brush around them. I keep finding more and more apple trees every year though.
Just bought a 2 bottom plow for the big 7 acre feeding plot, but have to wait until the frost is out of the ground now.
Once the ice is off the beaver pond and the dam thaws out, I have to put a dam leveler through it. Those little engineers are flooding my property.
Gotta buy some timber to build a couple of box blinds for the old guys I hunt with. OK OK. I may sneak in them too every once in a while.
Hoping to get in and cut a couple of big old cedar growth down. Deer have browsed them way up.
Basically, my most important working is waiting on the frost to get out of the ground.

reeper0697

RE: plans plans and more plans

Postby reeper0697 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:23 pm

I am hoping after the syrup making is done I will be able to start doing more work for deer hunting. I have been opeing up an area and cutting fire wood where I planted apple trees in.
Any idea if I put turnips between the apple trees and around them if it will hurt anything? I would assume it wouldnt (I planted green patch plus between them last year) but ya never know, someone's "learned the hard way" just may help others out.

Checked out my imperial clover field, deer have absolutely torn it up!

Hang in there we will be planting in no time[:D] and going after those turkeys[;)]
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

Previous

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements