MIDWEST WHITETAIL: Food Plots/Land Management

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
Yark

MIDWEST WHITETAIL: Food Plots/Land Management

Postby Yark » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:34 am

since we've decided to do a few episodes on land management/food plots we decided that we'd ask YOU the viewer to tell us what you want to see and/or learn? they're extremely valuable quite often so this is should be a very educational episode(s). cant wait to hear from you.

Thanks,
Drew Yarkosky
Midwest Whitetail editor/producer
www.midwestwhitetail.com

Demoderby4

RE: MIDWEST WHITETAIL: Food Plots/Land Management

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Maybe something on how to execute successful food plot(s) but manage to keep it cheap, not all of us have tons of money to invest in this right now but still want to do it successfully. Thats what i want to see at least, i really enjoyed the show this year, good work! Can't wait to see the new episodes!

Yark

Postby Yark » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:42 pm

i am definitely not one to go out and blow a ton of money on "deer food" also. i actually struggled with keeping deer on my property this year so food is a very very important part of my offseason. thanks for the feedback though. greatly appreciated

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:50 pm

No problem, good luck with your plots this off season! Can't wait to see the episode. I also mean like equipment wise and stuff like that, not just the feed part.

Jdbllung

Postby Jdbllung » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:08 am

ORIGINAL: Yark

since we've decided to do a few episodes on land management/food plots we decided that we'd ask YOU the viewer to tell us what you want to see and/or learn? they're extremely valuable quite often so this is should be a very educational episode(s). cant wait to hear from you.

Thanks,
Drew Yarkosky
Midwest Whitetail editor/producer
www.midwestwhitetail.com

The property we hunt is a select cut timber property with several gas wells on it.  We can't cut any trees, but the timber company doesn't care if we plant the well areas.  These well areas are 2 acres max and we have access with 4 wheelers for equip, but it is still rough terrain.
       If possible to show a piece on this type of scenario it would be greatly appreciated.
Happiness is a good blood trail! Jeremy W.

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:27 am

How about this for what I would like to see!  START YOUR OWN FORUM TO BENEFIT YOUR COMPANY AND STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OTHERS HARD WORK AT BUILDING A SUCCESSFUL WEBPAGE AND FORUM.  People like you that SPAM make me sick and feeding off the scraps like a vulture is a slap in the face to D&DH and hunting folks that want to spread knowledge about the subject on this forum, not benefit another monkey that's looking to make a quick buck in this field or get some publicity at the expense another.   
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

Yark

Postby Yark » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:41 pm

I don't feel like commenting on every single forum that I have was the right thing to do dmcianfa, as we had a pretty good conversation about what regular joe's want in a hunting show and what they would like to learn. I think that this forum is really going to benefit a lot of viewers of the show and asking for input is not spam. I am not trying to be disrespectful towards you at all so meet me in the middle here. Thanks

IowaDeer

Postby IowaDeer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:14 pm

Yark,

Take your spam soemwhere else. You do not allow free advertising on your unethical attepmt at a hunting show, stop putting your name all over these forums.

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements