what fruit tree

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
bowboxer

what fruit tree

Postby bowboxer » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:22 pm

i am in tn what fruit trees grow the best in shadey areas,i was thinking pears or apples. which does deer like most.

msbadger

RE: what fruit tree

Postby msbadger » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 am

In all honesty I don't know much about Tn. soil or weather...that being said ...in shade ....if you have a more neutral PH ...I'd look into growing paw paw...Google it and see why....there are also many fruiting bushes that you could consider...the reason I suggest bushes is...1...they not only provide fruit but easy access to the leaf and twigs eaten by deer and 2...they do take up a bit more ground space but in the long run do less sun blocking...and when tree stand hunting...if placed right leave good shooting while maintaining cover...Now back to trees semi dwarf are always a good bet ....they take up less space and produce much earlier...Have fun planting.....Badger

badtoys

RE: what fruit tree

Postby badtoys » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:38 am

i will try them
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements