The beans are up

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
Gulfcapt

RE: The beans are up

Postby Gulfcapt » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:30 pm

Don't stop with the pics msbadger! Some of us enjoy looking at others acomplishments..

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:37 am

Thanks...I meant for this season...weather is now cooling deer are out more and our season starts Oct 16th...other than some trail mowing when leaves fall I'll stay clear of the plots and stands...hopefully I'll have pics of downed critters to show...if not... hey still had a great time watching every thing grow this year and getting some good pics....Good luck in your season[:)]

newgold

Postby newgold » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:29 am

I think most tribes would have stayed closer to the shores and in the shelter of the valley....

Blazed

Postby Blazed » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:42 pm

How are the beans doing as a draw now that the snow is on the ground? We have about 5" and the deer haven't been in the brasicas or groundhog radishes yet. 1 week of snow. I also have clover but that's covered. The only place I've seen them is in an alfalfa field because that is still above the snow. My beans did not set pods as the were mowed down by the deer as soon as any new growth came on.

Thinking to next year, I may protect them until they set pods Then let the deer at the plants. I only have about 3/4 acres that I can put in to beans.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:05 am

Blazed ...they had them all but wiped out by the end of Oct.....The turnips I planted in them and near them have some draw still but not much...those were hit hard all through bow and most bulbs were eaten by mid Nov.....now they are hitting the partial eaten frozen stuff they left....The doe I shot yesterday was in the succra seed and her belly was stuffed with green...and a little corn from some where?[>:]  They are also in the rye I planted late...

I have small areas as well...and had volunteer buckwheat pop up in my beans....the deer concentrated on that at first...I think it helped...they luv buckwheat here

Previous

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements