Pro/ Cons for Milo

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
jbekes

Pro/ Cons for Milo

Postby jbekes » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:39 am

I am wondering about people's experiances with planting and hunting over Milo. What do you/ did you like or dislike about it?
Whoever said, "Money doesn't buy happiness," obviously never bought a flyrod or a bow.

GTOHunter

Re: Pro/ Cons for Milo

Postby GTOHunter » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:35 pm

We planted Milo a few years ago,the Deer loved to get in there and hide and feed a little,I'm thinking it was used more for cover for the Deer?The Turkeys and Quails seem to like Milo the most...personally I would love to plant a good size Food Plot and plant the Milo on the edges and some strips down the middle then plant other plants in between...then set up a nice tall ladder so You could see over into the food plot for the Deer! :D ;)
If I'm not Hunting for Deer...I'm Hunting for Pontiacs!

jbekes

Postby jbekes » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:13 am

That is what we have tried to do. I have milo around the outside of the field and soybeans and what will be winter wheat on the inside.
Whoever said, "Money doesn't buy happiness," obviously never bought a flyrod or a bow.

WBowhunt

Postby WBowhunt » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:08 pm

I did a mix this year with Milo and Sunflower along an area between two breaks about 15 yards wide and 40 yards long. Initiall it was more for the birds and turkey and was next to a 1/2 of clover. I also put in a small pond. I was truly surprised when the sunflower got to about 3' the deer came through and just devoured all the leaves off, but have not touched much of the milo. It is starting to get seed heads now. I have not seen any turkey yet. But the deer have been on the clover every evening just before dark.

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements