Primos blood light

Describe the most puzzling blood trail you've ever been on.
mag30079

Primos blood light

Postby mag30079 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:46 am

I bought the blood light an sale this year, seems to be a good product. I tested it out a fews weeks back and am impressed. I was trimming my dogs nails and cut one too short. My basement floor is brown and I was just about to wipe up the blood when it hit me (blood light). I let the few drops dry up and could not tell were the blood was. I shut all the light out and turned on the blood light. That light made the blood glow perfect. I can't wait to try this out for deer season. I feel this light will make that dusk shot less stressfull.

Thumbs up

EatDeer

RE: Primos blood light

Postby EatDeer » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:05 am

I bought a cheaper LED "blood" light, I wasn't impressed to say the least. I have since switched back to white light, I feel as the white light seems more natural to my eyes. How long does the battery last on your primos blood light?   
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:18 am

The charge will last a few days, and it came with a wall plug and the DC cigerette plug for the truck. They just came out with a smaller version.

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:30 am

yo mag you know you cut them dog nails short on purpose ! no just jokin if your like me your dog is more important than most humans but you might want to edit that post the PETA folks will hunt you down oh my bad they dont HUNT they will look for you & protest cuttin toe nails ,on the real thanks for the info ive been thinkin about purchasing one but i was afraiad it was another scheme to take my money      
         ken
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:43 am

ORIGINAL: bckklr

yo mag you know you cut them dog nails short on purpose ! no just jokin if your like me your dog is more important than most humans but you might want to edit that post the PETA folks will hunt you down oh my bad they dont HUNT they will look for you & protest cuttin toe nails ,on the real thanks for the info ive been thinkin about purchasing one but i was afraiad it was another scheme to take my money      
        ken

LMAO,
I sure you know how it is the dog keeps moving and things happen. My sheperd has black nails and I never nick him. My border collie is a fart in a bottle and she has clear nails.

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:20 am

mine is a boxer & has both black & clear nails i can see the wick on the clears but the black ones give me a little trouble
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:34 pm

ive wondered about these my self. weve always used coleman lanterns.
  it usaully takes me and my daughter to hold down my chocolate while my wif trims his.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:29 am

Post up some pics of the Bloodlight in action!!

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:21 am

Here's the link, you can watch the video.

http://www.primos-bloodhunter.com/

bowhuntersrave

Postby bowhuntersrave » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:13 pm

I used mine last year to find 5 deer and 1 turkey. The blood hunter works very well with marginal blood trails. It will run about 1 1/2 hours with both lights on. One other thing I like about this light is if you have a good blood trail you can use the green light, the blood will look like glossy black paint. Which is good for color blind people. My hunting partner is color blind but he can see blood drops in green light. An excellent light to own. Before we used flashlights and tried different colored lenses. We did not find all the deer we looked for.
Last we had a light blood trail, a few drops every 10 to 15 feet for about 80 yards then every 30 feet or so until the guy holding the light stepped on his dead deer.

I am not saying you will find every animal but your chances are greater with this light.
www.bowhuntersrave.com
Preserving our bowhunting heritage

Mathews/Bowtech Raffle enter today

Next

Return to Blood Trailing