Are heavier broadheads more accurate with crossbows?

Legnip

Are heavier broadheads more accurate with crossbows?

Postby Legnip » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:15 am

It seems like everyone is very concerned about getting their arrow weight super low to maximixe their velocity. The more that I read about how weight and FOC effect accuracy, the more that I'm convinced that a 150 grain broadhead is more accurate for a crossbow. Excalibur recommends a 150 grain broadhead for the most accuracy. They are OK with 100 grain, if you are OK with less accuracy.

What do you shoot? 
From those who much is given, much is expected

MAP2269

RE: Are heavier broadheads more accurate with crossbows?

Postby MAP2269 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:20 am

I think it in the weight forward process. Seems like my crossbow shoots better with a heavier head, I don't care about speed I just want the arrow to hit where I aim. My mfg. says use 125gr.. I think next year I'm going to try a little heavier and see what happens.

charlie 01

RE: Are heavier broadheads more accurate with crossbows?

Postby charlie 01 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:52 pm

After sight in with target heads, I tried my compound broadheads of 125 gr. Not good, shot way low. Went to an expandable and everything is fine. Went to a Rocky Mtn. 2 blade Snyper 100gr. head. Basically about the same as the Rage, only the cutting tip on the Rocky Mtn. was sharper than the Rage. The Rage got returned. This is just my finding. I'm not condeming, just particular. Whatever works for you.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Return to Crossbows