Where you hunting this year?

Sailfish

Where you hunting this year?

Postby Sailfish » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:12 am

Which management area did you draw? Or do you have a lease?
Rifle? Archery? Powder?

I'll be doing Green Swamp this year for archery again.
MI for rifle.

I was planning to hunt Coon Bottom (near the GA line) FL this year, but my bil hasn't planted anything this year and deer sign has been nil. Still might give it a crack we'll see.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Gulfcapt

RE: Where you hunting this year?

Postby Gulfcapt » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Im on a lease in Bay/Gulf Co. and also enjoy hunting manag land on the river! Im not a big fan of those draw hunts, Its a joke in my book! I also hunt Perry Ga, Huntingburg IN, outside of CINN OH, and Hazel KY. Ends up being a full plate,but alot of fun

flaDAWG

Postby flaDAWG » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Have'nt been in a Management area in years...Green Swamp,over by Polk City was last...I've got a lil place not 15 minute's frum house i've got permission to hunt...When not there and i have the time,i got on a lease this year up east of Macon,Ga...My cousin took a 168 off it last year....
Hope U all R dew'n finer than frawg hair!...Bsafe!

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:33 am

I'll be in Area 'D' in NW Florida. Most of the time I'll be hunting the Eglin Reservation. Can't believe bow season doesn't start until Oct. 23 up here. Sailfish you hunting yet in your area?

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:52 am

Nope.
BUT!
I just got an early Birthday present.

My wife just hooked me up with an archery hunt on 500 acres of private land near us!
Its the same swamp area where the management area's are that I hunt. She has a friend who has family land in those parts.

REALLY looking forward to that. Now I have something much earlier to shoot for. Come Oct 16th.

Only private I have hunted in FL was up your way on 10 acres of family land (Coon Bottom, I think I mentioned that to you) so this is going to be a real treat.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Return to Florida