Shed hunting

buckhunter21

RE: Shed Hunting

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:08 pm

ORIGINAL: gunther89

Buckhunter: what type of pine tree's do you have on your land.  Our hunting group was thinking of planting some pine trees for good winter cover and was wondering what works best for you.

What lonlon said is right on the money!
QDM!

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:09 pm

ORIGINAL: Goose

Yeah for some reason it only lets us post one at a time. I'll look into it.

Nice work in the mud! Gotta love this time of year!

I wonder if they changed that...I could have sworn that we could post more than one before?  Hm.  I have more so maybe I'll go to Patriot's thread about his idocracy and post them there!  lol
QDM!

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:12 pm

ORIGINAL: gunther89

Wow those are some roots in the field.  Just gotta laugh it off and go on.  I did the same thing about 3 years ago with a four-wheeler.  I thought I could cross a spring in the deepest part and ended up having to get the tractor and pull it out.  I guess we are dedicated deer hunters!

Yea, sad to say I've done this a couple times myself on this farm.  We used to live on this property so it was nothing for me to do it the first time and just walk up and over the hill to get the tractor...But four years ago my parents built a house on another property we own which is about like I said a two mile trek so I guess I got my exercise today!
QDM!

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:35 am

Corey worked his magic and you can now post up to 5 pictures for our viewing pleasure.

From what I have read and planted, red pine seems to work best by us here in sand country.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:09 am

Thanks Goose! :)
QDM!

billcurry

Postby billcurry » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:59 am

Went out looking for sheds this morning and found ONE.....ONE dead possum and a few dead turkeys...NO sheds.  Found a ton of rubs and scrapes I had not seen during the rut last season. 

I met with a gentlemen today who delivers and spreads lime.  He told me that he would deliver and spread 12 ton of lime for $300.00.  Is that a good price/deal? Sounded pretty good to me.

ALMOST forgot.....found a tick on me too.  Look out boys!
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. Romans 1:16

Centralwisconsinland

Postby Centralwisconsinland » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:06 am

billcurry,

That is in the ball park for material, delivery, and application.  The price I was quoted for material, delivery, and application was $24.05 a ton plus tax if not tax exempt.  They cannot spread (application) at my property so my charge is $18.80 a ton plus tax that is material and delivery.
It's easier to do a job right the first time than to explain why you didn't.

Goose

Postby Goose » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:25 pm

Alright Bill!!Congrats! Any pictures of it? Size?

Olsen's quoted me at $28 per ton plus a one time delivery and spreading fee of $76, so 12 tons from them would be $412.00 so I think that sounds like a good price for you.

Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:12 pm

Was supposed to go shed hunting yesterday with a friend but our 2 hour walk turned into a scouting trip instead[:)] I now have about 3 different places to hang stands this year and another spot for a permanent stand. Yay[:D] Also got to shoot his recurve. I spined the target. Oops! Little more practice needed!
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Goose

Postby Goose » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:03 am

Don't you love finding new spots? It makes you wonder what you where thinking last year and adds more excitement to the upcoming year.
Jake

PreviousNext

Return to Florida