Hog Hunting Outfitters??

shadow

Hog Hunting Outfitters??

Postby shadow » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:41 am

I'll be heading to Florida NEXT spring to go to Disney etc... we'll be driving down and staying at Disney for a week. During our time there I'd LOVE to find a place to take one of my daughters on a hog bowhunt. It'll need to be within a couple hours of Disney and would like to just stay for one day.
Does anyone have any info on an outfitter I can get with for a day hunt??
With all the deer you may have taken there holds in your memory a special place i'm sure for each one you killed.

shadow

RE: Hog Hunting Outfitters??

Postby shadow » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:44 am

I found Osceola Outfitters. 45 mins south of Disney, 1-2 day hunts offered, same outfitters used as many of the TV people. I t should be fun!
With all the deer you may have taken there holds in your memory a special place i'm sure for each one you killed.

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:05 am

Good luck, and good for you keeping important things front and center. More family vacations need to include hunting! My wife and I are going to visit her sister in Hawaii in a couple weeks. I couldn't pull any kind of hunt together, but my favorite bass lures are getting packed.

shadow

Postby shadow » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:49 am

Hawaii....That WILL be fun! I spent a week there with my wife and I wish now I had gone on a hunt or had done some off shore fishing while I was there. It may be 5-10 years... but next time though.
If your staying in or near Waikiki, you may want to try out the breakfast buffet from the hotel we stayed at, the Outrigger (on the beach).  The restuarant of the hotel is run by Dukes, (Duke was an old surfer dude that I guess basically invented surfing).
They have Fish.. (mahi-mahi), and all types of tropical fruits, along with a chef cooking other foods to order etc..  
I NEVER heard of having fish for breakfast but the way it was cooked was awesome, it went well with everything that was offered.
Have a good time and enjoy!

jimhammond

Postby jimhammond » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:31 am

I live in Florida and have hunted several of these canned hunts and to date the best I have found is Tiger Island Outfitters. Check out this article, I wrote,
http://www.shootingwithjim.com/tigerislandhoghunt1.htm
Jim Hammond
904 757 7550

bassslayer

Postby bassslayer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:23 am

Tiger Island Outfitters is great and so is chappys around lake okeechobee

Return to Florida