Public lands?

davis351

Public lands?

Postby davis351 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:18 pm

I'm I'm Hillsborough county and I noticed that there is some public hunting land north of me. How do I go about using the land? I really don't know anyone with land to hunt so I think the public land is my best chance to hunt.

rthomas4

Re: Public lands?

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Search the Florida DNR site for information on the state and federal WMA lands. Also check out military installations such as Eglin AFB and other similar locations throughout the state. The DNR sites contain a wealth of information as well as links to other sources that can provide some information that might help you.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

davis351

Postby davis351 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks buddy!!!! :D

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:23 am

Green Swamp East.

Its on the FWC (we aren't called the DNR in these here parts Thomas :D ) website.

I have hunted it, its busy, you have hog and deer and people. I've only done archery there and its quite busy then.
However, if your willing to walk, you can find some alone places, its a pretty large management area.
Season is still on, check it out. Be safe, have fun, post the report of your kill!!

http://myfwc.com/media/2522228/Green-Swamp.pdf
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:24 am

Oh and don't forget the license. You need WMA permit, hunting permit and deer permit if I recall.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:43 am

I forgot that Florida has to be different with the name of their wildlife department, I guess that's so they can keep the Salt water guys separate from the freshwater and hunting enforcement folks.

When I lived in Fernandina Beach, I manage Bono's Bar-B-Q and Sports Bar. We were in an old K-Mart location and all of the various agencies would land their choppers in the parking lot and come in for lunch during the week days.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

TerribleTed

Postby TerribleTed » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:13 pm

The FWC does it all fish game-there the highest ranking state police in Florida.

Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission. There is also range and water officers from Sheriff departments that enforce game laws too.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Yeah, when I lived in Fernandina, the Nassau County Sheriff's Department even had their own drug dealing division, headed up by the Chief Deputy.........I wonder if he's out of prison, yet!?!?!?!?!?!?

TerribleTed

Postby TerribleTed » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:32 pm

I don't know i can ask the LT.

Return to Florida