Valetine Day Buck

rthomas4

Re: Valetine Day Buck

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:52 pm

DAWG Fan, here. It could be worse, you could be a Vols, or a Notre Dame fan, or worse.........a Clemson fan!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lived in Gainesville, drove a black Buick with red interior and a Bulldogs' decal on it. Needless to say life was miserable, especially since at the time I lived there the Gator bowl was being torn down and rebuilt into AllTell Stadium and the Ga-Fl game was played at Florida. I managed Bono's Bar-B-Q, and the owner wanted everyone to wear Florida jerseys for all 'Gator home games. I refused and just wore a plain blue shirt, except for the Georgia game, that day I wore a Bulldog jersey. It didn't help that Florida beat the hell out of the Dawgs practically every year back in those days.

I did get some revenge this year when my alma mater Georgia Southern, beat the Gators in Gainesville!!!!!!!!!!!!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

FlDeerman64

Postby FlDeerman64 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Yap the Gators are down but I liked them when they were winning so I'll stick with them when they are down.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Yep I agree with that philosophy. I've been a Georgia fan since I was in junior high school, then when I went to Georgia Southern we didn't have a football program and most of the students were also Georgia fans. Georgia Southern didn't start their football program until 1981 and I had been out of school for 6 years by then; so even though I'm a dyed in the wool Eagle, I'll still always be a Dawg fan, even though I grew up in SC where everyone is either a Tiger fan or a 'Cocks fan. As a result, I'm also a SEC fan, so even though I might not like the rest of the opposition, the way I see it, if the Dawgs can't be on top I'm still going to pull for the SEC in the bowl games and for the National Title, since I honestly believe the SEC is the best conference in college football.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

FlDeerman64

Postby FlDeerman64 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:49 pm

SEC all the way,that's why for one game we all became Auburn fans.LOL

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:41 am

FlDeerman64 wrote:Yap the Gators are down but I liked them when they were winning so I'll stick with them when they are down.

bball isn't doing to bad now though
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Previous

Return to Florida