Update

Sailfish

Re: Update

Postby Sailfish » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Made it out once, heard not one gobbler. Hens are around.

Sunday is last day of the season, hopefully i'll get one.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:43 am

I've actually gotten two pictures of a decent gobbler on a trail cam, but haven't seen a fresh track in about a month, and not a sound................not even a hen! At least I've got til May 1st, so hopefully something will give!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:18 am

took the kids out Sunday for the first fishing trip of the year.
Caught trout, ladyfish, pinfish, and hooked quite a few sharks on the flats. Had 15# flouro leader so those battles were short lived :mrgreen:
Gearing up for end of May mens trip to the Keys. My 6 year old boy told me he's gonna go on that trip next year to catch some Dolphin :lol:
He hasn't even been out of sight of land here on my coast......me thinks he's going to have to wait a few more years.

Observation: with the still cool water........its VERY clear right now. down right beautiful in the shallows, almost looks like the keys at times! Gonna try for tuna/kingfish/aj/grouper in 2 weeks. Hopefully it goes well...........i;m def due. I've paid my dues lately, the sea needs to provide me some payback bounty!!!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Previous

Return to Florida