Update

Sailfish

Re: Update

Postby Sailfish » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Made it out once, heard not one gobbler. Hens are around.

Sunday is last day of the season, hopefully i'll get one.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:43 am

I've actually gotten two pictures of a decent gobbler on a trail cam, but haven't seen a fresh track in about a month, and not a sound................not even a hen! At least I've got til May 1st, so hopefully something will give!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, , ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL still flying the Stars and Bars!

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:18 am

took the kids out Sunday for the first fishing trip of the year.
Caught trout, ladyfish, pinfish, and hooked quite a few sharks on the flats. Had 15# flouro leader so those battles were short lived :mrgreen:
Gearing up for end of May mens trip to the Keys. My 6 year old boy told me he's gonna go on that trip next year to catch some Dolphin :lol:
He hasn't even been out of sight of land here on my coast......me thinks he's going to have to wait a few more years.

Observation: with the still cool water........its VERY clear right now. down right beautiful in the shallows, almost looks like the keys at times! Gonna try for tuna/kingfish/aj/grouper in 2 weeks. Hopefully it goes well...........i;m def due. I've paid my dues lately, the sea needs to provide me some payback bounty!!!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Previous

Return to Florida