Drop away arrow rest.

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
charlie 01

Drop away arrow rest.

Postby charlie 01 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:46 am

Anyone using or thinking about going to a drop away rest? I cannot remember all the ones I have tried since there inception. I finally settled on a N.A.P. early version of the Quik Tune drop away which I have used successfully for the last 4 seasons. But recently was getting some vane deflection creating an occasional off bullseye arrow. I'm always going thru cataloges to what is new. The new N.A.P. "Apache" drop away caught my eye. Bought one, tried it, and can't say enough about it. Best one I ever had. Easy to install, easy adjustment, full arrow containment, quiet, and best of all not expensive. It just works great. I just purchased a second one to put on my backup bow. I'm ready. 

I know people have preferences and are happy with what they are using and I'm not saying what anyone is using is no good or that this rest is better. I'm simply saying, if you are thinking about a change, it is well worth the try.  
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Redarrow

RE: Drop away arrow rest.

Postby Redarrow » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:26 am

I can't offer any advice on drop-away rests, but I'd like to hear the consensus too.  I like the theory, but I'm still not certain about how reliable and practical they are for hunting.  I try to keep things simple so Mr. Murphy doesn't bite me in the a$$ when a big buck shows up.

Maybe next year I'll go "restless".
[align=left] [/align]
Central Wisconsin Hunter

Walking Crow

RE: Drop away arrow rest.

Postby Walking Crow » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:38 am

Personally I think that is the best dropaway rest out there. It is what I use and recommend. I have always been a fan of their rests. They make some really good TUNABLE rests. 

Return to Best Practices