Relaxed and or "wired"

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
charlie 01

RE: Relaxed and or "wired"

Postby charlie 01 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:10 am

Deebz, I was just curious. In your picture, are those left side antlers busted off or were they deformed?    
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:19 pm

I just talked to a fellow hunter tonight. This AM he had a 6pt come in that seemed nervous and on edge. The deer gave him a chance of a broadside shot. With the way the deer was acting, he decided to aim a little lower. With the deer ducking the arrow, he ended up with a spine hit. Plus, it was a 30yd shot, which would give a wired deer a little more time to duck an arrow. As I stated before, I wondered if that would work. It did for him. Something to ponder. 
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:45 am

Hey Charlie... the left side was broken off.  He has his brow tine, and his G2, and the main beam was broken right where the the G3 was beginning to split.  First buck i ever shot, 2nd deer ever with my bow.  I posted a story about him in another thread, but it was an awesome experience.  Had him within 30 yards for about 15 minutes.  He'd been chasing a doe (and the noise of them running past my stand woke me up from a nap), so i got to watch him chase her around, work a scrape, and finally move into position for a perfect 20 yard broadside shot.  The doe was only about 8 yards away.  He had a big gash on his side as well... i figure he was a brawler

Previous

Return to Best Practices