make urself felt known and heard

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
mikeal1234

make urself felt known and heard

Postby mikeal1234 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:58 am

i have been hunting the same 5 or 6 miles of national forest for about 8 years ......... any chance i get u can find me in these 6 miles im there in the hunting season and in the off season ............ not much off season when u hunt small game as well as big game .......... but i make sure that when i go there i have a little of every chemical... powder ......... soap ... gun cleaning it items and some of that nice sweet smelling bore oil for my muizzle loaders ........... i make myself known that im there all the time ............. i use this area to sight in my firearms and make practise my field shots ..... i know the animals here they know me ................ i have had bears close enough into my camp to shoot from a off hand stance with a revolver during bear season ........... but never do shoot them close to my camp i rather track and and hunt the one that i want ............ if any game is adjust to u in the field its so much easier to track and hunt them and not likely u will spook them.......... im not a trophy hunter i hunt for food although i know there is better trophy hunting i stick to this 6 miles because well they are a good food source ..... not that i aint seen some good trophy shots that just aint what im after ..... im looking for the best shot that tastes as good on my plate as it looks in the pic i traken of them the week before....... i realize not every one has 120 days a year they can spend working their hunting spot ............ being disabled has its advantages no ........ its amazing how many wild animals u can see in a day when u work a spot and they get used to u being there they get used the smell of u and all those little noises u make ......... and after working an area for this long u pretty much can tell where the animals witll make their next apearence by the way they was going ....... my thing is this hunting is a full year sport and or a full year jiob depending on how u see it .......... when the snows up to ur waist in the middle of janurary it seems more work then sport............ but anyway work a spot it will never go dry if its a secluded spot and u dont kill off all those trophy bucks ................ hunting ends the moment just before the shot ........ hunting is the work u put in through out the year to put in that shot.............

proximityinfotech4

RE: make urself felt known and heard

Postby proximityinfotech4 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:51 pm

those little noises u make ......... and after working an area for this long u pretty much can tell where the animals witll make their next apearence by the way they was going ....... my thing is this hunting is a full year sport and or a full year jiob depending on how u see it .......... when the snows up to ur waist in the middle of janurary it seems more work then sport............ but anyway work a spot it will never go dry if its a secluded spot

Return to Best Practices