Where do you get your weather forecast from?

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
buckfarmdude

RE: Where do you get your weather forecast from?

Postby buckfarmdude » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:09 pm

I use weather.com. I like the hourly forecast and wind directions.  I hunt in a hilly area, so sometimes the wind will just change like 180 degrees, and then spin back around again. It gets kind of frustrating, and I'm not exactly what you would call an expert on hunting the wind. However, I always take my Scent-a-way shower and wash my clothes in scent-a-way detergent and dry them with scent-a-way dryer sheets and spray everything down with Primos Silver XP. Seems to work pretty good so far.
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

Vikinghater

Postby Vikinghater » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:10 am

I use fltplan.com or intellicast.com .  Works pretty good and is very accurate .  IF you can read aviation weather reports and forcasting.

Blake Dandurand

Postby Blake Dandurand » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:54 am

The most accurate weather source that i have found is the local grain coop's website. They have live radar, five day forecasts, and detailed hourly forecasts. You can't get anymore trustworthy of a source that farmers depend on. They need the best, and so do I, so thats what I use.

Oh and Vikinghater, I just seen your from Wisconsin. And im sorry but being from minnesota I just have to say this, 7-1 baby, 2-0 against the packers, oh yeah, we are beasts. haha no hard feelins
"Look what venison does to a goofy guitar player from Detroit? I'm going to be 54 this year and if I had any more energy I'd scare you."
- Ted Nugent

scotman

Postby scotman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:12 am

I use my own wireless weather station by lacrosse but the land I hunt is right in my backyard. 
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:57 am

accuweather.com
Semper Fi !

Previous

Return to Best Practices