Approx score of Antlers??

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
fixedblade

RE: Approx score of Antlers??

Postby fixedblade » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:35 pm

I got him at 116 and some change.  Good buck.  Good luck

t99civicsi

Postby t99civicsi » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:10 pm

WOW!! I haven't checked this post for awhile obviously...but I had NOOO idea that the original post would cause so many disgruntled opinions!!! Guess its a successful post... Let me give you some background on the origin of the post...

I live and mostly hunt outside the Philadelphia area in Pennsylvania. Very pressured area and occasionally see some "bigger" type bucks, but they don't seem to stick around very long. As much as I would like to practice QDM, I can't guarantee that anyone else in area would help out. There is no question in my mind if I would shoot that buck, that's the easy part. I was merely just trying to see if my estimate in scoring the buck was close to what you guys thought. I agree with alot of the points that have been posted but if you don't have the cooperation of fellow hunters in the area in plain words....i'm screwed. Soooooo happy hunting and good luck to all, I'll let you know if I can arrow this guy!!

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:48 am

Good to hear from you again, t99civicsi! I wish you the best in your hunting season and I hope you kill this buck!

Just a thought for you. I practice "management" where I hunt (we all do to some degree). You could even say I practice QDM, for lack of a better phrase. I get next to no cooperation from my neighbors and I only own 35 acres. The point that I was trying to make earlier in this thread was that buck "standards" are not the only facet in QDM and they are not universal.

Anyway, I'm glad we did not scare you away.

Previous

Return to Best Practices