How do you get out of stand when

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
Buddog

How do you get out of stand when

Postby Buddog » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:03 pm

First post and hello to everyone. But i was just wondering what most of us do when the sun go's down and its time to get out of the stand and you have deer at your stand . Do you make a noise or cough or something to scare them off before getting down.

Deebz

Re: How do you get out of stand when

Postby Deebz » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:20 am

If I'm really covered up, I wait 'em out. It may end up being REALLY dark by the time I get down, but I don't want to be moving a lot and making noise to draw attention to my treestand. If the deer are around and don't know that I am, I don't want to do anything that will clue them in to me being there.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:30 pm

Suuuure deebz......that's what you tell your wife when you get home at 1:00 am....."Hon, the deer had me pinned! They bedded right under me and if I busted them that spot would have been ruined for the rest of the season, and that
s the best spot on the lease!"

....but you can level with us! :mrgreen:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:00 pm

:D LOL... That doesn't work for me when my wife comes out hunting with me though... I'll have to keep that one on the back burner though
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Since I don't have a wife or girl friend to answer to, I wait 'em out and at the first opportunity get out as quietly as possible.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

gatodoc

Postby gatodoc » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:48 pm

It's only happened to me once and I txt'd my huntin bud and had him drive up to my stand....the deer left because of the vehicle, not me...I've thought of carrying some bottle rockets to light and soot into the ground a distance from the stand...

At the end of the day, when I'm ready to leave, I want to leave..

Return to Best Practices