permission to hunt

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
Hoosierbuck

RE: permission to hunt

Postby Hoosierbuck » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:17 pm

Lots opf good tips and advice, much echoes my experience. Cold calls- very remote chance, for this season. If you drop of your resume-yep resume-and chat up the landowner, you'll probably still get a no for this year. If you drop by again the next fall or summer just to chat, and then again the following year, you are no longer a stranger, now they know you. Your chances just got better.

Church, work, friends of friends, work your contacts to the maximum.

About that resume-it's you hunting resume, and it matches you business cards. It has your name and addy and tx on it, as well as your wife and kids, your dog, your job, your safe hunting record, volunteer work, conservation memberships, and a couple of other landowners who are references. Not many landowners have seen that, I'll wager.
If that gets you a spot, see if you can invite me one time, too.

HB

timer

Postby timer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:34 am

Maybe a little off subject here.....

What do you do when you find a tree stand or ground blind on your property when you have your property posted and you haven't given anyone permission to hunt?

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:22 am

Here a recent post on that very topic timer.  Hopefully it will give you some ideas, good luck.
http://forum.deeranddeerhunting.com/tm.aspx?m=40383

timer

Postby timer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:35 am

DeanoZ,

Thanks for posting the link. I found some good ideas and suggestions in the thread.

timer

Previous

Return to Best Practices