Alsheimer Rut Calendar

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
jpshields

Alsheimer Rut Calendar

Postby jpshields » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:56 am

Hi Guys,

This is my 2nd year with the calendar.  Last year it was right on for the Northeast.  Am I reading it correctly to understand that there is chasing activity and some breeding the 2nd and 3rd week in September?  The symbols seem to indicate that.  Can that be?

Thanks,
Pierce

masterski03

RE: Alsheimer Rut Calendar

Postby masterski03 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:04 am

I got the rut calendar in the magazine a few weeks ago. And I read that for the northeast the seeking phase would start about the third week of october and the chasing phase would start around november 1st. That would put the best time to be in the woods november 1st-10th. I didnt see anything about september though. And your right last years was spot on.I hunt Ohio and I saw some sweet chasing last year from november 10th-17th. But this years rut is going to be as close to a typical rut as any. Hope this helped you out. Good Luck this Season!

Dan Schmidt

Postby Dan Schmidt » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:07 am

JP: This is straight from Charlie:

"The fall of 2010 will be a once in a lifetime event......at least for me, because I don't see this kind of Rutting Moon(s) happening again in my lifetime. It is going to be very unique and the precise reason why Wayne Laroche and I knew it would be necessary to study this for 15 years. Anyway, based on past (similar years) I believe there will probably be what I refer to as a "trickle rut" in that some does will come into estrous late October/early November and some late November. Based on the years that were similar to what will happen in 2010 the rut will not be as intense as when the full moon falls somewhere in the first 10 days of November........like 2009. It will be interesting to see how things play out next year because I've never seen things line up as they will in 2010, nor will I again. We'll just have to see how things play out."

Best,
Dan

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:28 pm

Thanks for that info Dan!  I'm a true believer in CA/Laroche's research...Can't wait to see what happens.  I didn't see much rutting activity last year (as far as deer running around...Saw a ton of scrapes and rubs)...So anxious for this year!
QDM!

Return to Best Practices