Need a good sprayer

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
hunt4ever

Need a good sprayer

Postby hunt4ever » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:05 am

I currently have a 2 gallon hand held RL Flow-Master for spraying grass & weed killer, broadleaf killer, & insecticide.  The problem with this is I spend 3/4's of my time pumping up the pressureImageImage.  I don't have an ATV so I have to spray manually.  In Cabelas, I see they offer for $79.99 a "Backpack Sprayer" by BioLogic that holds up to 4 gallons.   What do you use and how does it workImageImage

I would be unstoppable...If I could just get going!

Goose

RE: Need a good sprayer

Postby Goose » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:22 am

I personally use and like our pull behind Fimco 30 gallon tank sprayer with a 4ft boom on it. You can pull it with a 4 wheeler but I prefer to use our smaller lawn tractor because I can ride at a set speed.
I have used the back pack sprayers and they do work and are good for spot spraying or even doing small plots. You still have to manually pump it but its a lot easier to do so and you can even do it while your spraying.
If you can get a lawn tractor or something similar back there, I recommend getting a pull behind.
You can get them fairly cheap at the end of the season when the places get rid of their inventory for the year.
Last year we did this and saved $120.00 on the one we got.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

hunt4ever

Postby hunt4ever » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:16 pm

Goose, Thanks for your thoughts, I will look into it.  I have access to an ATV, so I will see if I can come up with a sprayer.  It would certainly make life easier.  [size="4"]Tom Mac[/size]

I would be unstoppable...If I could just get going!

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:55 am

Hunt4ever...Try Northern tools...type in back pack sprayers...they have a sale going on...several pages of them and prices range from 40.00 to 200.00....with customer reviews for you to read...good luck

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:29 am

4 gallons of spray will go a long way.  I purchased something similar to the one at Cabelas at the local farm supply store for $39.  Only problem with the back pack sprayers is the shoulder straps are never made very well and usually need some customizing.  At least that's what we've found with the two we own.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

jacannon63

Postby jacannon63 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:27 am

Solo makes a good back pack sprayer for about $ 89.00
Stump sittin since 1981

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:53 pm

I just purchased a 15 gallon sprayer you set on the back of an ATV for $100 from Gander Mountain. It will make life alot easier!

Now just need a spreader...

And new harrows, plow, tractor...[:(]
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

Return to Best Practices