Attract Rutting Bucks?!?!?

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
bulldurham1775

Attract Rutting Bucks?!?!?

Postby bulldurham1775 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:53 am

I have a friend that swears that a "menstating woman's used tampon" is the best thing to attract bucks during the rut????? Anyone else ever heard or done such a crazy thing?
Wisconsin Bow Hunter

Goose

RE: Attract Rutting Bucks?!?!?

Postby Goose » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:34 am

This is a good one for WoodsWalker!

I have heard of it but never done it.

And welcome!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

coach

Postby coach » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:45 am

I've heard of this.  A friend of mine, said that he tried it...and it worked.

LOLOLOLOL

This is the way I look at it. 

If momy and daddy wants to make a little sister or brother...they don't wait until momy is .....using a tampon.  They do it before the use of tampon.  That's when she's ready.

A buck can tell if a doe is ready or not and doesn't pay much attention to does that are not ready. 

So why would a buck be attracted at a used....whatever.

I would say....simply coincidence...or dumb buck in rut .....or again...curious buck.
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:52 pm

I have heard of it.

Never tried it and I doubt I ever will. Nobody needs to kill a deer that badly.

Coach, I think you are incorrect though. As I understand it, humans are one of the few mammals that menstruate after a fertile period. It is my understanding that most bleed vaginally during ovulation. I think deer are in this category.

coach

Postby coach » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:23 pm

JPH....are you sure ?
If you are....then as a father of 2 young girls....its a matter of time before I learn. [;)]
But to my understanding, it was like 1 week before.

I need to go back to school. !!!!!!!
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:35 pm

Actually coach a womans cycle starts as Day one of the flow...which usually last 4-7 days but unfortunately for some longer....around then(depending on the woman) she becomes fertile and that can last around 7 days.....just before the cycle begins again ...hormone production decreases in preparations to release the lining of her uterus...the entire cycle can last from 24-30+ days...as dependant on the woman...her activities....weight...health ect.....

coach

Postby coach » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:36 pm

JPH....this is what I found....
I'm not DR. PHIL...or OPRAH.....but this is what I found online.
Felt too weird to ask my wife. >>[:D]
Can I ovulate during my period?
For women who have regular cycles, ovulating during your period is highly unlikely. Some women have very irregular cycles, maybe coming once every 3 months or 2-3 times in one month, and these women can have the odd occurrence of ovulating during a period or what is believed to be a period. Still, the chance of ovulating during a period is unlikely. But because sperm can live in the body for 3-5 days, pregnancy could occur from intercourse that takes place during a period.
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:43 pm

This much I know:

Human females menstruate every 28 days. Day 1 is the first day of the "period". This is when the lining of the uterus and last months egg are shed. Day 14 is usually the first day of ovulation, with fertility lasting roughly 48-72 hours. She will menstruate again to shed that egg at the start of the next cycle. The key is that a woman can only menstruate after a fertile period.

Dogs bleed vaginally during "heat" or ovulation and I think most other mammals do as well.

...and I regret that this conversation ever went this far.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:46 pm

I have heard of it too, but have also never tried it. In theory it should work, as the phermones that a woman has are the same one's a doe has.

It has also be therorized that some of the grizzly attacks that have occured on women may have been because they were mensturating at the time.

I have use my own urine in scrapes and that definately works. A man has the same testosterone that a buck has, and that's what makes a buck tear up a scrape that I've put my urine in....IMO.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

coach

Postby coach » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Still not convince.  We want to stay away from putting Human scent in an area,
but then again, we going to put human scent by unrinating or...putting used...

I could be wrong....but I won't beleive it until I try it for myself....and that....I won't do.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/ovulationfaq.htm

I am also sorry that it went that far....but...this is what this thread is all about.

I just think its more coincidence than anything else.
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Next

Return to Best Practices